PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Sequence of Events" Symbol Type

Add a table symbol which consists of the following 3 columns:

Tag Name
    Tag Value
    Tag Timestamp (default sort on this column, ascending order)

This table would consist of a set of tags over a specified time range.

The purpose of this "Sequence of Events" table is for users to analyze the root cause and order of events that took place for a set of equipment. Typically your symbols in PI Vision and the way Datalink works is that each tag is separated into a separate column or row. The key feature here is to merge the tags into one…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow auditing of PI Vision display changes

As a PI Vision administrator, it would be useful to be able to track and audit changes (creation, edits, deletion) to PI Vision displays.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View users connected to PI Vision

PI Vision administrators should be able to see who is actively connected to PI Vision, similar to the way Network Manager Statistics in SMT shows all active connections to the PI Data Archive.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tool to list all PI Tags and AF Attributes mapped to any display

Right now I get errors in Event Viewer on my Vision server saying "Server is not available".  The server it mentions is our Dev server, which means somehow a tag or attribute got to Prod without being converted.  But the error doesn't tell me the tag or the display.  So I have no way of troubleshooting this without individually checking each and every display or spending all my time digging through the SQL to figure out where all the config information is hidden.

The other use case is: if as a PI admin I want to change the name of…

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Events table: search for event frames by asset root path (including all descendants)

It would be useful to be able to configure the events table symbol in PI Vision to search for all event frames that reference elements below a certain root. This would allow you to see all EFs related to a certain branch of your AF hierarchy very quickly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to disable warning pop-up for trusted third-party sites

Add the option to whitelist certain domains from triggering the third-party warning pop-up. This could also be handled per session by end-users ("Remember my choice") instead of adding domains to a whitelist.

Current version of PI Vision has the dialog box hardcoded to trigger if a navigation link is not a link to another display.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make XY-Plot available for collections

Most symbols can be dynamically organized into collections, which is very handy for comparing assets of different sites, where the number of assets vary.
    The XY-Plot does not support this function at the moment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add ad-hoc display function by right click or click created button in PI Vision

Add ad-hoc display function by right click or click created button in PI Vision

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow sharing a display with edit permission

As a display creator, I want to give other users edit permission on the display so we can collaborate in creating the display and so that other users from my team can make needed changes when I'm not available.

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Aspect Ratio

When adding an image I don't see any option to maintain the original images aspect ratio.

13 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sort Digital State List

As an operator, I would like the ability to be able to sort/organize the digital states list in Manual Logger/for manual entry. This is helpful for tags that have 100+ digital states. This is available in PI ML PC, but not PI ML Web.

Sorting/Organizing can include:
    A to Z
    Z to A
    Autocomplete

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Heat Map

A Heat Map is the universal method to show energy data over time and volume to provide a quick context to issues based on a pattern view.  This requirement is across all industries and mandatory in the facility market place.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate PI Vision with Building Information Modelling systems (BIM)

Import BIM projects to PI Vision to be able to navigate it with real time data.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PI Vision trend dynamic scales with attribute values

PI Vision trend should have dynamic scales according with the attribute values (limits).

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. TABLE: Allow Asset Comparison table to be transposed

In the paper industry, there are fewer assets at a site, but those assets tend to have many attributes (e.g., there may only be 3 paper machines, but each has 100 attributes of interest). It would be helpful if the Asset Comparison table in PI Vision could be transposed so that asset names were Column headings and attribute names were rows.
    For example, instead  of a table with 5 rows and 100 columns (that can't be seen all at once on one display page), it would be better to have four columns of assets names with 100 rows of values,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More Modern Symbol Library

We would like to sere more modern graphics / symbols in the library.  Even in the new PI Vision, the graphics need to be updated.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Symbols to be Excluded from Asset Switching

Excluding certain symbols from asset switching would allow displays to be authored with symbols that are "locked" -- meaning they will show the same data regardless of display asset context. This would allow displays to be used for drill-in navigation, while maintaining some top-level context data. It would also allow navigation buttons to be "locked" so that the button's target asset context will never be changed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. collection filter attribute value - failure?

I want to show all assets in a collection which have the same template and a certain range of the value of a attribute. The selection filter does not work properly!
    The attribute is linked to a PI-tag. When there is no tag linked for certain assets in the template the value 9999 is defined. In the collection I want to filter all with = 9999 so I select attribute < 9999 butno filtering is done. I have tried several similar queries without effect

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Convert ProcessBook display to PI Vision display

Can we have a tool to convert ProcessBook display to native PI Vision display? So we can leverage the full features of PI Vision displays,.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The migration of PI ProcessBook displays to native PI Vision displays is planned for an upcoming release of PI Vision. This will also include a tool to analyze your ProcessBook displays ahead of the migration to determine which displays are using features like VBA that will not be supported in PI Vision.

20. internet explorer vs Chrome

I realize that this very well may be out of OSIsoft's control. However the very noticeable performance difference between Internet Explorer and Chrome on displays, particularly ones utilizing many objects is problematic. Internet Explorer is still such a heavily used browser within the organization. Its confusing for many since we would recommend Chrome usage, but that results in users having to juggle applications requiring IE in the organization and Chrome.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base