PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. display digits in tables

Tables seem to want to show exponents sometimes, which does not fit with normal use cases for displaying numbers.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. turn off assets in search window so I can bulk select all the attributes

turn off the assets in search so I only have a list of the attributes

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Symbols with Different Timestamps

The ability to create PI Vision displays with symbols (value, gauge, table) that display data at different timestamps or over different time ranges.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. An API to Build Displays Programmatically

Would like an API to programmatically create PI Vision displays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Auto-Format + More

Some improvements I would love added to PI-Vision:
    - "Snap-to" feature for adding horizontal/vertical lines. (sometimes they disappear on me too if they are exactly horizontal?)
    - "View mode" capability to compare two different assets.
    - Creating a template tool for adding data (Ex. when dragging + dropping data it is formatted to size 18 font, black, no timestamp)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow grouping of trend scale in PI Vision

In PI Vision (and ProcessBook if changes are still in the works) allow grouping of y-axis scales. i.e. In a 5-pen trend, two are on “Scale 1” and three are in “Scale 2”. Makes for less y-axis space required.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. improving the right click menu

Hello,
    as a PIVision display developer I found that the following ideas may improve our workflow, thank you for your great work !

Adding more options to the right click menu such as the proposed functionalities on PIVision. In addition to the Copy/Paste Options to add (for objects), also add the drawing features (draw a line, square, circle, etc.) when right clicking on the display for example.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide more configurability for library symbols

Provide more configurability, such as the ability to configure borders, for library symbols.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make selections persist using double-click

Make selections, such as the selection of a shape when editing a display, persist using double-click. Similar functionality exists in Microsoft Office products, such as when using the Format Painter.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cross-Hatch Fill Mode for Standard Shapes

Provide the ability to cross-hatch the standard shapes (e.g., a rectangle), in addition to the existing fill modes (e.g., original, shaded, solid, etc.).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set scales for multiple traces at once

the ability to select multiple data items at once and input the scale just once for say 7 out of 10 items on a graph

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Center display contents with Fit All

Fit all should fit the display and center its contents!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Specify precise XY Coordinates for a symbol

When arranging symbols on a display, it would be useful to be able to specify the XY coordinates for the symbol to aid in precise placement of the symbol on the display.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Collection Size

Have the ability to define the number of items in the collection that will show with the ability to then page through additional collection items. Some collections can be large and we want to limit the amount of real estate on the display given to the collection.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Configure Vision Display to Force Secure https Access

Add the ability via a checkbox to the display page properties (ie: keywords, owner, who can view, read-only setting, etc) to force access to that display as https rather than http. This would provide a couple different benefits...

(A) for displays that contain an XY Plot or Events Table, which require an https connection, it will prevent a user from accessing the page using http only and find it to not work correctly.

(B) for displays that contain more sensitive data, it will prevent non-SSL access to the page.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix time context of static attributes

Fix time context on an element of a Coresight display. As an AF admin, I would like to create different versions of a static attribute element to keep its history, but I would like my Coresight users to see the most current version of the static attribute regardless of the time range.

For example, if my asset name has changed on Jan 1, I would like to create a new version to reflect this changed. However on a Coresight display, I would like my users to see time-series data with the most current asset name, even if the time range…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hyperlink to Display: Additional Filter Options

When linking to another display, being able to see folders that displays are in would be useful to finding the display as opposed to just a Display Name search.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED