PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Snap to grid

Wish there was a snap-to-grid option

143 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display Slideshow

Functionality so choose multiple Coresight displays and have Coresight automatically show the displays rotating from one to another in a slide show type fashion.

This is typically for showing displays in 'public areas' such as a big screen in the company cafeteria.

64 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display Versioning

Need to have ability to version PI Vision displays
    Need to be able to revert back to earlier versions of a PI Vision display. 

61 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tool to list all PI Tags and AF Attributes mapped to any display

Right now I get errors in Event Viewer on my Vision server saying "Server is not available".  The server it mentions is our Dev server, which means somehow a tag or attribute got to Prod without being converted.  But the error doesn't tell me the tag or the display.  So I have no way of troubleshooting this without individually checking each and every display or spending all my time digging through the SQL to figure out where all the config information is hidden.

The other use case is: if as a PI admin I want to change the name of…

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase the update rate of data in PI Vision displays

As a PI Vision user I would like to be able to increase the update rate of PI Vision displays to less than 5 seconds and even sub-seconds so I can use it for trending.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multistate shape's line/border color

Please can we have the fill and the line (border) colour able to be multistated for the square/circle/pentagon shapes? Currently only fill colour can be is available to multistate.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Collection template and instances

It would be great to be able to define a "collection template" and use "instances" of that in different displays. If the Template is modified, all Instances are modified too.
    That feature is already done in AF with template and elements.
    The logical consequence would be to have that in PI Vision too.
    I use a certain collection many times by copying and pasting it and adjusting the collection criteria for each. If i need to modify the collections, i either need to do it for each manually or modifying one and copy paste them all over again. Both is…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Easily choose between AF attribute name and actual PI tag name

When creating a display using attributes (i.e. - Agitator Speed), I would like to be able to easily toggle between the name and the actual tag ID. I have access to PI System Explorer, so I can go and find it, but my end users do not and in some instances would like to display the actual tag and not the attribute name.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Coresight Subfolder for PDI Files

Create subfolders for PDI files

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PI Vision Trend: Option to Display Full AF Attribute Path in Trend Legend

Currently in a PI Vision Trend you can only see the full Attribute Path by hovering over the attribute name in the legend. If the attributes have differently named parent elements, then the legend will show the Parent Element and attribute name only, it will not show the parent element's parent element or more than that. If the parent elements are named the same, then the PI Vision trend will only show the Attribute name. For example, in the attached image there is a trend with 2 attributes named "Attribute", the first one has the following path: "\\AARVM1\854090\Parent1\Child 1.1\Child 1.1.1|Attribute",…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Migrating Folder Structure Between PI Vision Environments with the PI Vision Display Utility

As of right now, there is no easy way to copy the folder structure. It would either have to be recreated manually or the entire database restored via a backup.

If the PI Vision Display Utility could also migrate the folder structure it would be a big help for users and administrators.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sort displays in a different way (e.g. by name/title) other than by last time accessed

PI Vision puts the most recently accessed display on the top. I would like to sort the displays by name/title (in alphabetical order).

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fully customisable Homepage/Landing Page

A Homepage/Landing page that we can place navigation buttons on is a much nicer user experience than browsing folders to find a display.  While the planned folder structure of organising displays is better than what is currently offered, and there are a couple of Homepage "ideas" already posted, they don't really have a clear idea of what they want. A user friendly way of navigating the hundreds of pages and trends that we have is required.  Currently 300 or so pages and probably more again in trends.  See attachment as an example.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show a Tabular View of Displays

In the displays page, have a tabular view for displays that shows display metadata/details in a table.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Replace values with Drag and Drop - Previous Functionality Lost

The previous version of Coresight allowed users to choose a new asset from the asset tree and drag it onto the screen to either add new values, or replace the previous values. This was very beneficial, however the 2016 version does not provide this option it appears.

Can we get that functionality back? I'd like to pull a new asset from the left and be prompted to either replace values or add it to the existing screen. Thank you!

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Displays Page Asset View: Display Navigation by AF Hierarchy

Have a 'Asset View' on the Displays Page to enable a user to browse / navigate the AF hierarchy tree, click on an element, and see the displays related to that element.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pi Vision - Table Object View - Name Column - select between AF Name verse PI Point name: ability to remove Parent from Attribute name

Pi Vision - Table Object View - Name Column - select between AF Name verse PI Point name: ability to remove Parent from Attribute name

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display Utility options for duplicate displays

I would like the PI Vision Display Utility to give me a warning and options if I try to move displays to a target database that has existing displays with the same names. This would avoid unintentionally creating duplicate displays with the same name.

It might also be useful if the tool gave me options in this case such as:
    1) Acknowledge the warning and create the duplicate displays
    2) Rename the new displays before adding them to the target database so  that they are no longer duplicate names
    3) Overwrite the existing target database's displays with the new displays…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Expose display hierarchy in run mode to help navigate between linked displays

If a display contains navigational links to other displays it would be nice to see this hierarchy and be able to easily switch between linked displays.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trend Cursor - Slow Data Values

I've the noticed when adding a trend cursor, that the data values take a very long time to show up. This happens instantaneously in Procesbook, but takes 10-15 seconds in PI Vision, which doesn't make the tool very friendly to use.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED