PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to wrap string value pi points

wrap string value pi points

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Min/Max Timestamps

Need Timestamps for Minimum and Maximum values in Table

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Table: Support Different Table Styles

Similar to tables in Word / PowerPoint, support several different styling options for tables. Additionally, support the ability for a user to style a table exactly how they want it (with background fill colors, text colors, etc.).

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Analysis Expression Tooltip in PI Vision like in PSE

The customer would like to see when hovering on an attribute that shows calculated data which is the expression that gives that output.

Something similar of what you see PSE (image attached)

They have users requesting for it, they would not like to have to give access to the users to see this information in PI Vision.

They would like to know if the analysis expression has the correct functions and variables.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. logarithmic scale

in some of our processes, we have pressure close to vacuum. in this case we need a logarithmic scale. until now, it's not possible to configure PI Vision trends with a logarithmic scale.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Table of data from an external database

As a PI Vision user, I want to view a table of data from an ODBC data source on a display alongside my PI data so that I can see related information from other systems of record.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Vertical trends in PI Vision

Vertical trends in PI Vision

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow for PI Vision Attribute Collection Filter to Filter on Digital States

As a PI Vision user, I would like to be able to perform an attribute filter on my collection symbol to filter out attributes with certain digital states so that I can have a collection which does not contain assets with an attribute which has a value of "I/O Timeout" or some other digital state value. Currently, if you want to filter out a digital state, you need to set a rule like "Attribute =! 246", where 246 would be the numerical value for the digital state. This is inconvenient because this would then also cause the collection to filter…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More flexible data table/matrix

I need a more flexible table tool where I can decide exactly what goes in each cell. They could come from related attributes or from PI tags, and each box in the table shows something separate.  Here is a screen shot of what I would like, but currently have had to create by brute force in ProcessBook.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Load Duration Curve (LDC) in PIVision symbol

Symbols in PIVision for displaying load duration curves based on PItags.

I have created two PI vision symbols for LDC with using extensibility. (I have modified the xy-plot symbol).
    The first one creates LDCs for each series dropped on to chart. Different periods are set using the custom dates feature.

The second one creates LDCs for the same PItag where the periods of data is given by a PItag (ie the Pitag holds maintenance dates).

I will provide my code to OSIsoft on request.

Wikipedia gives this definition of LDC: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_duration_curve
    Search Duration Curve on google for more results.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stacked Y-axis Event Frame Gantt symbol

The X axis is time based. Event Frames are “stacked” on the Y axis with the length of each determined by the event duration.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Gauge: Shading Start Value

As a display author, I would like to configure where the shading of the gauge/bar starts (min, max, target, or a custom value) so that I can easily track the value's deviation from a certain target.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Polar plot

I want to be able to do a polar plot! We have the need to monitor deformation in the stator of a hydro turbine. The you can see if the stator is oval.
    The time-series data behind must have an configurable time space.
    Start time, period.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Average value in PI Vision trend

After PI Coresight upgrade, average vales are not available in trends. It is only available in Table format. Appreciate if you could re-instate the average valve lines in trend.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. y-axis scale options

Currently the y-axis options are Auto, Database, and Custom. The problem with Database and Custom is that they are static and fail to capture unusual events outside the normal expected range. The problem with Auto is that during normal operating times it tends to zoom too far in, thus highlighting some normal fluctuations. A combination of Custom/Database and Auto would be very useful. Allowing the axis to expand during the unusual time frames but then restricted it to only shrink back to the Custom/Database settings. Thus preserving the original context.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding / Configuring the Marker Size/Format in XY Plot

Adding / Configuring the Marker Size/Format in XY Plot.
    Having a lot of markers in the XY plot the point cloud gets unusable because of Marker Size is to big
    So either definition of own smaller Marker ( hair cross - single pixel ...) or an option to change marker size would Help

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show exact archive value on PI Vision trend cursor

As a PI Vision user, when analyzing trends I would like to see the exact archive or interpolated value for Trend data items when I place a cursor. Currently the Trend data set is used to interpolate an approximate value.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scatter plot - Switch off connecting lines in Trends

In trends give the user the option of disabling the connecting lines so that markers representing only the archived or calculated values are shown as a scatter plot.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow option to prevent trend interpolation after the most recent data value

Currently, trends interpolate a line after the most recent data value--which means that if the last value occurred two hours ago a flat line will be drawn on the trend from the last value until now, which can erroneously give the impression that data has been received during that time period.  If interpolation could be disabled, this would have the trend not draw a flat line after the most recent value, but rather simply terminate the trend line at the last data point.  This is related to the following related item: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/555148-pi-server/suggestions/18496177-add-new-pipointattribute-for-staletimeout; however, adding this option to the trend…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to change image/graphic based on a data item's value

Hi there,

Please add a feature for "MultiState Graphics"

This would be a simple feature where if a value for a tag or asset was equal to something then the image would change.

An example of this would be if you had an image of a moving turbine which indicated that a turbine was active as the status tag was equal to 100 but if the status tag was equal to 0 then the turbine was not active and an image of a still (not moving turbine was shown.

This would be a very helpful feature, I am happy to…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED