PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exporting table symbols directly (as it is) to Microsoft Excel or Word

Having a table symbol in pi vision, the customer would like to export that table directly (as it is) to Microsoft Excel or Word rather than using Export data.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Asset Comparison Table does not show "No Data" when assets are missing attributes

As a user of PI Vision, I would like my asset comparison table objects to not show "No Data" when I compare differing assets that do not necessarily share all of the listed attributes.  I would rather they appear as blank boxes as it more appealing to the user and gives them a better understanding of the actual asset behavior.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trend data from an external source

As a PI Vision user, I want to trend relational or time-series data from an external ODBC data source alongside my PI data on a PI Vision display.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Event Type Duration Pie Chart

Pie chart showing cumulative duration of event frames by event type for an asset(s) over a time period (ex: 24 hours).

Trying to determine how much time you've spent in particular states over the past day.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multistate driven from Event Frame context

Drive a multistate symbol on a display from an Event Frame context. For example, turn the circle red if a 'Downtime' event on the asset is currently active.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add rotation formatting to Value

Allow rotating the Value symbol in the same way as the Text symbol can be rotated.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Calendar view symbol for viewing data

A tool that I have had many uses for is a calendar view tool that shows attributes, tags and the ability to MultiState them in a properly formed calendar.

Attached is an example that we had to build with some other web controls talking to PI Web API.  I have several cases where this type of display tool in Vision is required.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Log scales for both axes of x-y plots in PI Vision

It would be useful to be able to implement a logarithmic scale to either/both axes of xy plots. 

Specific use case: Diagnose well conditions in real time by looking at conditions based on elapsed time since an event frame.  To be able to identify trends and perform diagnostics, this will need to be plotted as log Y vs log X (elapsed time).

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Total

In the Table column option could the Total also be included?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Table: Ability to put symbols inside table rows

Be able to put symbols inside of table rows.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3D navigable and filtrable plot (XYZ)

Similarly to the XY plot, a XYZ 3D plot would be useful to inspect the trend of 3 variables in a 3D space and visually deduce correlations. Example could be the Environment Temperature, the Gas Valve Opening, and the Produced Power of a gas turbine. This graph should also be filtrable (e.g. I only want to see this data when the machine is operating under maximum power conditions).

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easier multistating of grouped symbols

As a PI Vision display creator, I would like to be able to easily multistate objects after I have grouped them together. This way all of the objects can have the same conditions for multistating (e.g. multiple adjacent sections of piping in a process diagram, or multiple adjacent electrical components in an electrical diagram).

Currently, it is necessary to individually configure the same exact mulitstating behavior on each separate symbol in the group.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Shading in Trend Symbol

With future tags and predictive data growing since PI 2015, it is good that PI Coresight can accept future tags.

However, rarely do these data come as a discrete value. They usually have an associated prediction interval/uncertainty. For that reason, I put forward this enhancement request:

The trend symbol needs to be able to accept an upper and lower bound and display a shaded region. E.g. https://www.knowledgeminer.eu/img/composite_2.png

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Correct multistating of symbols that lack an interior to fill

As a PI Vision display creator that leverages the line drawings from the Electrical category of the symbol library, I want to be able to effectively multistate these symbols. As of Vision 2017 R2, the coloring behavior of the multistating feature only colors in the "fill" of a shape, not the "outline" of a shape. This means most of the shapes in the Electrical category cannot be multistated in Vision because they are line drawings that do not have any interior to "fill" with a color.

The inability to multistate Electrical symbols in Vision means that I need to continue…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clean up the Symbol Library to make it easier to find items

The current symbol library of canned symbols is a little inconsistent, dated and would benefit from a clean up.

For example, in Military you have a Fuel Truck, in Mining you have a number of Haulage trucks, but neither of these appear in Vehicles, if you are looking for a vehicle. I would expect to see all the vehicle symbols under Vehicles, as well i sin the industry segments.

In Operator Interface you have Panels, but they do not appear in Panels.

The symbol list should be clear what is by industry segment, and then what are generics. Under the…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create Multistate symbol based on percentage of another attibute

Ability to create a multistate symbol which would support a simple analysis such as for when the value reaches 0.95*attribute_other--meaning have the color change occur when the value reaches a percentage of another attribute.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Editor improvements

1. I would like to be able to mark multiple symbols by drag and drop, now the only way is Ctrl+Click
    2. I use Ctrl+Drag to copy symbols in ProcessBook as I find it quicker and more precise when adding new objects to the display.
    3. Quick edit the tag/attribute on a value symbol: Change the tag/attribute on a value instead of having to add a new value from right hand menu
    4. Sizing: It would have been great having a sizing toolbar to set an absolute size, now it’s difficult to add two symbols with the same size
    5.…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Table: Add Mean & Median values to columns

For the available table columns, please can you add the option to get statistical mean & median for chosen tags?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multistate Change Shape / Image

Be able to change a symbol shape and color. For example, green circles, orange triangles, red squares. This will help colorblind users.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mouse/hover-over display control

Manage the data contained and display when you hover/mouse over an object. e.g. display the value and not the label.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED