PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add descriptions to trends

Be able to view the tag/attribute descriptions on the bottom of the trend the same way that you are able to in ProcessBook. For those of us with large DB, it is very important to have this functionality.

91 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend Cursor: show values while dragging

As a process engineer, while dragging a trend cursor I'd like to see the process values. Currently, I can only see the value once I drop the cursor, I need to see the values WHILE dragging the cursor so that I can quickly identify problems in my process.

This feature was available in previous version of Coresight (2014 and 2015) and in ProcessBook.

64 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display hand when hovering over objects with Navigation Links

When hovering with the mouse over a display object that has a Navigation Link attached to it, the mouse cursor should change to a hand when not in edit mode and it should navigate on single-click instead of having to double-click.

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Having the mouse cursor change to a hand to indicate when a symbol is configured with a navigation link is in development for the PI Vision 2019 release. To make this behavior more intuitive for users, single-clicking the symbol will trigger the navigation instead of double-click. Trends will be an exception to this, single-clicking a trend will continue to drop a cursor and double-click will be required for navigation links.

4. Edit Trace Name in Trend Legend or be able to add a description

Edit the trace name or add a description in the legend of a Coresight trend in order to:

1) Make clear the description of the Attribute in the trend
    2) Use an abbreviation for the attribute description in the trend legend
    3) Use a different language in the legend while respecting the attribute name (for example, an attribute name is written in English in PI System Explorer but we would like to see Italian in the Coresight trend)

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show descriptions in tooltip

In PI CoreSight 2014, when working with a raw Tag or attribute, one could hover over the tag and the description would appear in the tooltip. I loved that functionality. However, in the upgrade, this functionality is lost.

Please reinstate it for the next patch or upgrade.

38 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trending

Trending Must Haves:

I recently installed PI Vision here and I am getting feedback about the trending capabilities, or the lack there of. Please fix the following in the trends

1. The ability to click on values on a page and create an Ad-Hoc Trend. This is another major need.

2. Need to add descriptors to trends

3. MUST BE ABLE to un-zoom in a trend and keep your current place in time. For example if I have a 24 hour trend and I scroll back 10 days and then zoom in, when I un-zoom I still want to be…

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We would like to be able to have a sound play as part of a multistate

We would like to be able to have a sound play as part of a multistate. Ex: on an upper limit we may want it to play an alarm sound.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Busy Indicator

It would be useful to have an indication that the data is still being loaded. Currently when you add an attribute to the display, change the time range of a display, execute a dynamic search, etc you don't get an indication that something is happening. Some of our operations are quite far away with limited bandwidth.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unit of Measure (UOM) setting per user

As a PI Coresight user I want to be able to switch the units of measure on my displays between Metric and Imperial so I can see data in units I expect.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Email errors to administrator

Provide a way to quickly email an administrator an error message seen on a display. Message should include the context of the issue (corresponding display, symbol, data item, etc).

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Folder-related URL in PI Vision

It would be great if it were possible to set up a URL that takes the user directly to a folder within Vision.

For example something like https://.../PIVision/Site1/ would show only the Displays of the folder Site1

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show ToolTip Statistics in PI Vision

As a PI user, I would like to see the same ToolTip statistics for symbols as we are used to see at PI ProcessBook (min, max, avg, etc). It is automatic when any user sees a value and wants to check further information on an attribute with PI Point Data Reference.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Trend Zoom - Undo

I need the ability to undo, revert time ranges or go back a step or steps when zooming in on data in a trend. Currently the only way to do this that I'm aware of is to start from scratch with your default time range at the bottom.

When in full screen mode (pop-up) for a trend the only option you have is to go back and from there you have to start from scratch again.

Being able to undo/revert time ranges would definitely increase the usability and make analyzing data more efficient.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide/unhide traces with a single click

Ability to hide/display series traces on trends via single mouse click (like we used to be able to do in ProcessBook)

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support AF UOM Groups

For international companies, it would be good having the possibility to use the new AF UOM Groups in PI Vision, so that each user could see data with the UOMs he is more comfortable with.
    It would be even better if these would be selected automatically depending on the user region (though it should be possible overriding this setting).

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. internet explorer vs Chrome

I realize that this very well may be out of OSIsoft's control. However the very noticeable performance difference between Internet Explorer and Chrome on displays, particularly ones utilizing many objects is problematic. Internet Explorer is still such a heavily used browser within the organization. Its confusing for many since we would recommend Chrome usage, but that results in users having to juggle applications requiring IE in the organization and Chrome.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Align items with first clicked

Modify the object alignment so the objects all align (top middle bottom...) with the first object selected. This way the first object does not move, everything else aligns to it.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change text alignment in a Table symbol

Currently, text alignment is hard-coded in the Table symbol. I would like to be able to configure text alignment (right, left, center) for each column within a Table.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Grid View Order Groups as Configured in PIML PC

The order of Groups in Grid View should match the order configured in PIML PC Client

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Coresight 2015R2 Trend Behavior

Coresight 2016 Trends are missing functionality from Coresight 2015R2. Namely:

1) Have the Tracer follow the mouse as opposed to having to drag the trace around.

2) Have the Tracer constantly update as the mouse moves as opposed to having it update after the mouse button is released.

3) Have a button (x in 2015R2) to hide traces as opposed to right-clicking the attribute in the legend to hide

4) Have the ability to hide traces in Kiosk mode

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED