PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display property to hide asset/event pane

For smaller screens, the asset/event pane can take up a lot of real estate. The kiosk mode hides the asset/event pane. Unfortunately, it also hides the asset selector drop-down. This improvement would hide the asset/event pane but allow use of the asset selector dropdown. It would be ideal to be able to set a default (display setting) for each display and to have the option of passing a parameter in via URL to override the selected default.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add PREV and NEXT buttons next to asset swap

add next and previous button to load assets on a display instead of having to use drop down to cycle through them

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vision Home display moving around

Please allow the ability to make the display on the Vision home page static. Currently, the last display viewed moves to the 1st position. This continually shuffles the display around. If I am in a hurry, I do not know where the display I want to navigate to is. I have to slowly go there the entire list until I find the display I want. It makes me fell like you are playing where's Waldo

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. The "Now" button should not be highlighted if you are viewing future data

As of Vision 2017 R2, the "Now" button is highlighted green if you are viewing current time or future time. It is not highlighted if you are in the past. This can create confusion if you are viewing future time and think your tags are flatlined.

The Vision team has clarified that this is not a bug -- a green "Now" button just indicates that the display is updating. This is not very intuitive. The button just says "Now", so you'd think highlighting it would mean you are viewing "now" data.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Filtering Linked Elements or Elements With Duplicate Names

1) Ignore linked elements (this seems the most direct but there would probably be a use-case where this would cause a problem)
    2) Allow blocking or “ignore” of selected paths to prevent the search from finding elements not wanted in the results
    3) Maybe a variant of #2 – provide a “preferred path”
    4) display switch(s): “Unique only”, “Ignore Linked” or something like that.

A similar issue occurs when elements are given duplicate names (ie: Factory 1 and 2 both have a Unit 1 and 2). CS will find 2 Unit1 but it’s not immediately obvious which factory it belongs…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Default/Templated displays for asset templates

because every asset has an template => every template has a asset based view default display.

it should be possible to configure a default display per asset template, when i klick on the left asset tree then the element automatically opens with the right display

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use ISO 8601 Date & Time Format

In my humble opinion, the most sensible date/time format uses 24-hour time and is organised in a most-significant to least-significant sequence,

e.g.  2019-07-17 15:15:15.123

The military uses this format because they cannot afford ambiguities, such as when day number is between 1 and 12, or when hour number is 12.

So the desired format is: YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss.sss

where:-
    YYYY = four-digit calendar year number
    MM = zero-padded month number between 01 and 12
    DD = zero-padded day number between 01 and 31
    HH = zero-padded hour between 00 and 23
    mm = zero-padded minute between 00 and 59
    ss =…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better handle incompatible data type event in PI Vision trend

Scenario: Your company has a PI tag set up as string that primarily gets float values. It is a string because it sometimes contains messages explaining why a result was not obtained.

The tag is set up as a double attribute in AF and plotted in Vision. This works fine unless a non-numeric value is encountered within the Time Range you are looking at. If this happens, the trend is blank and No Data is displayed.

While PI annotations would have been a good use in this situation, it is difficult to go back and change this when you have…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow user to favorite (star) a display from the display page (not just from the thumbnails page)

As a user, I want to be able to mark a display as a favorite from that display's page, not only from the home page (thumbnail page).

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Preserve the aspect ratio of picture objects when resizing by their corners

If I resize an imported picture by its corner, the aspect ratio of the picture should be preserved. If I want to change the aspect ratio (which would not be very often), I can resize the picture by its edges. This behaviour is the same as how Microsoft Office treats pictures.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Leverage Step configuration setting on trends

Allow setting a trend item to use the step = 1 setting.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show future data values at end time of display

PI Vision shows future tag values at the start time of a display when the display is in the future rather than showing the value at the end time as is done with displays in the past or at current time. This behavior is unintuitive and confusing to users.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically adding Start Time and End Time to the PI Vision URL

Allow adding the timestamp automatically into the PI Vision link. The scenario is if you open any PI vision page and zoom into the timeframe which you required then the timestamp range which zoomed in should be automatically added up in the PI Vision link instead of adding the start time and end time parameter in the PI Vision URL.
    This will help the process engineers to identify the issue at a particular point of time and send that link directly to others without any manual intervention.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Slicer symbol in PI Vision

As a user, I will like to have a slicer symbol to compare assets. For example, the default display will show a value symbol of a attribute in all the units in all plants and in all countries, I can create 3 slicer symbol to filter the desired country/countries and plant/plants for comparison.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Force Kiosk Mode and Hide Toolbar on non-owners

I would like to be able to be able to set something while configuring a display that will force the display to be opened with limited access when navigated to through Vision home screen.  Right now, you can only get people to access your display with modified url if you send them the link directly.  Anyone can just navigate to it from the home screen and see the full version.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Table - Trend Preview

Trend preview from table. Similar to how Silverlight version worked, where you can click on the spark trend in a table and get a larger preview

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize text in a collection when no results are returned

For collections that are filtered, in many cases they will be empty which is the expected behavior (no assets in alarm for example). Currently when this is the case the following text is shown: "No items match the Collection Criteria."

This message is long, not formatted in the same manner as the symbols in the collection, and it is not clear to an end-user who doesn't build displays who may not be familiar with collections.

This text should be customizable so that the format can be made consistent, and so that the message can be written to reflect what the…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show a tooltip or change cursor Icon on Vision when hovering over Processbook Button

When hovering over a button on a ProcessBook display the cursor changes its shape to notify users that there is a button present. When importing the display over to Vision the cursor does not change and makes it difficult for users to know that a button is present when sharing the display with other users.

Suggest placing a tooltip or introducing a selection cursor when hovering over the button on Vision.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Asset swap in kiosk mode

In kiosk mode, the asset list swap drop-down menu disappears. There is a desired functionality to have the asset swap still visible and usable in kiosk mode.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AF Templates with no data or pi tag not found

We have an AF structure that uses templates for a few device types. Our templates are setup to resolve PI tags for the device if we have them available. If we don't, it says PI Tag Not Found - which is fine. Once the device is added in the field (out of the office), that AF element will update and work.

When in PI Vision, the user gets thousands of errors saying the PI tag is not found. I would like an option in PSE to set the element attribute to ignore the error if the tag is not found,…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED