PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Navigate to parent of selected element

In a collection you can use 'Set asset context' to open a new display and show data regarding the selected child element.
    But when you want to use a link\button to navigate back to the previous display you cannot use this functionality. Because it will use in the current (the child) element instead of the parent. When you don't use 'Set asset context' it will open the correct display, but the selected element will be the one used when the display is last saved.

Notes:
    - The option to open displays in a new tab of the browser is not…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Hyperlink - In PI Vision, when adding a navigation link, configure the hyperlink address based on an Attribute Value from the target

TR2.a Dynamic Hyperlink

In PI Vision, when adding a navigation link, configure the hyperlink address based on an Attribute Value from the target element.

TR2.b Collection of Dynamic Hyperlinks

Given a target AF Element, generate a collection of dynamic hyperlinks in PI Vision. The dynamic hyperlinks shall be generated based on children elements of the target for given criteria (i.e. element template or element category). Each dynamic hyperlink address shall be configured based on the value of a specific AF Attribute value. This attribute shall be the same for all the generated hyperlinks. (for more information on Dynamic Hyperlink, see…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to change the configuration of the Asset drop-down using a URL parameter

I would like to be able to change the Asset drop-down from a navigation link in a PI Vision display ( in other words to change the configuration of the Context Switching for a display) so that I can reuse an existing display and point it to different search roots with a different asset drop-down.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search Graphics Library

Be able to search the graphics library by keywords rather than having to try to guess which of the many folders a certain graphic is in.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Additional options for the timebar time-range : "calender week", "calender month", "manual entry",...

I would like to have more options in the PI-Vision timebar for the time range (see attached screenshot). The possibility of a manual time range entry would be greate. And additional options like "calendar week", "calendar month" and "calendar year" would be a great feature. So it would be possible e.g. to switch exactly from one calendar month to the next independent of how many days the months have.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase Width of Asset Swap Drop Down Menu

As an end user, I would like to be able to see the full name of all of my assets when doing an asset swap so that I can see the asset that I'm swapping to. My assets have long names and, consequently, I need to highlight over each individual asset to see its full name. This is not efficient and is making it difficult for me to use the product easily.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Navigation: Alternate display name for element

Please allow for having an Attribute tagged as a Display Name for the entire element that would be shown in dialogs like the Switch Asset instead of the Element Name.

It is reasonable if this had to be indexed to be usable.

We are aware of the tooltip which helps but its only sometimes useful and does not seem to be sorted alphabetically when the names are identical.

We have identical element names at the lowest element level with the parent path having more unique name (this is to support creating processbook displays from the parent and being able to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED