PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collection Criteria: Attribute Value

Collection Criteria: Attribute Value

Current functionality allows to set collection criteria based on an AF Attribute value. However, this functionality does not work if the attribute uses the “Table Lookup” data reference.

Having this functionality available would increase scalability and flexibility.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Given a target AF element, generate a trend in PI Vison that contains all the attributes under a given attribute category within the target

TR1.a Dynamic Trend

Given a target AF element, generate a trend in PI Vison that contains all the attributes under a given attribute category within the target element.

Use case

At each compressor station there could be multiple pipelines entering and exiting the station. For each line, there may be pressure transmitters measuring the gas pressure inside the line. All pipeline pressure readings at a facility shall be displayed on a single trend on the Compression Station Level screen.

AF setup

The compressor station elements are derived from the CompressionStation AF Element Template. All station line pressure readings are brought…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Asset Comparison Table: Add Child Attribute as Column

Currently, this can be accomplished by organizing you AF structure with rows as element names (assets) and columns as attributes using an Asset Comparison Table. I would like to see OSI Take the next step to generalize the asset table to be able to use Attributes as rows and their child attributes as columns (where you can choose). However, it would be nice to be able to select any child attribute and display its value as a column within a table. This would make PI Vision Tables significantly more flexible.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In a table be able to filter items all assets except ones with a value of  "No Data" regardless of their data type in AF such as double.

In a table be able to filter items all assets except ones with a value of  "No Data" regardless of their data type in AF such as double.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Calculation for futur PI tags or PI AF attribute

Hi. I'm working with forecast data and so, using PI tags as future data instead of real-time data.
    If I want to display my forecast into a PI Vision screen, I need to feed the period from *-5d to *+3d. And it works for the PI tags. But it doesn't work for calculation attribute from AF. Then, it displays NO DATA for these these attribute values.
    Does calculation could be performed in the future in the next version of PI Server, AF or analysis?

My email if you want more information: aamosse@eolien.qc.ca
    regards

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically grey-out or hide attributes that are not configured well

It would be great if Attributes in AF that are not configured well (with errors) (AF.jpg) were automatically greyed-out or hidden in PI-Vision (Vision.jpg).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to Write Values or Trigger Calc

Coresight needs a way for users to send an event to pi or PI AF.
    The need ofr interaction with PI AF is really needed. There needs to be the ability to write values like System Explorer, and the ability to send basic data back to pi or AF.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. URL parameters for displays with parent and children attributes

When I use a URL parameter to change the parent, all of the children attributes on that display also change. I have a handful of element structures that are all the same. I want to make one dashboard and then use A URL parameter to reference the other parents that will automatically update all the other data with children of the newly selected parent.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED