PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Event Frames Table & Features enhancements

• The ability to view event frame attributes/annotations (or referenced element attributes) within the Events table in PI Vision
    • Select multiple events in the table and define a reason code and/or comment for all events selected
    • Input/View comments from the event table instead of having to open a new window in PI Vision for each event
    • Ability to use the event table with tablets/phones (Not sure if this is possible already? I tried on our system and was unsuccessful)
    • sort/filter based on the highest production targets which are event frame attributes
    Use Case:
    • During well…

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Start/End/Duration in Gantt Chart

Need the ability to see start/end time and duration when hovering cursor over event frames in the Gantt chart (process book currently has this functionality)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Composite Batch Overlays

Ability to select a series of good batches to create a composite trend profiles for with avg, +/- 1 and 2 standard deviations for the composite group.

Ability to plot individual currently running batches against the composites so you can see how current batches are performing vs. the best historical batches.

Similar to how PI ProcessTemplates used to work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. multiple ways to show values

Hi - there should be a possibility to add multiple thresholds to the trends, to compare and easier display high and low values. Also it would be great if the lines could change from vertical to horizontal to show the range.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Gantt Chart Formatting

Allow color formatting options for each event in event frames Gantt chart.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Event Frame Comparison Hide Multiple Event Quickly

Currently in the event frame comparison page, you can hide event frames from trends by right-clicking on the event frame and selecting the hide option.

It should be easier to hide events quickly: Optimize the way events can be hidden or provide the ability to hide multiple event frames in one go instead of one at a time.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export event frame data to CSV from event details and comparison displays

From the event details or event comparison displays in PI Vision, it would be useful to export event frame data (including attributes and values) to CSV/XML.

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Event Frame Comparison Maximize Trend

Provide the ability to maximize/minimize trends in the Event Frame Comparison page.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide migration from PI BatchView

Provide a migration from PI Batchview displays in PI ProcessBook to PI Vision.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PI Vision Event frames should show child elements in the Attributes panel of the Events comparison page.

When viewing event comparisons, the Attributes pane only lists the event frame attributes, the referenced element, and the referenced element's attributes. It currently cannot drill down and trend child element's attributes.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Compare Child Event Frames by Name and not by Time Range

I would expect that child event frames can be compared by name rather than by time range as in the current design of PI Vision.

This would be very useful when exploring batches (operations, phases).

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Event Comparison: Add ability to set time range / end time (X-axis)

Sometimes there are very long event frames in the event comparison and it would be nice to be able to set the width of the x-axis to cut these event frames off at a certain duration. It's inconvenient to have to manually exclude them, and sometimes one still wants to look at long and short event frames in the same display.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow global and persisting pinned events for event comparison displays

Enable select users to create pinned events that persist across displays - i.e. so that any time an EF search executed for a given template, all pinned events of that template shown.  In addition, allow these pinned events to be seen by all users.  This is to support golden batches.
    The idea is originated from the PI Square post,
    https://pisquare.osisoft.com/ideas/4147-pi-vision-allow-global-and-persisting-pinned-events-for-event-comparison-displays

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Event Frames in the X-Y plot

A feature to normalize data in the event frame compare function

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us back BatchView functionality

In the old batch view of PIM I could find a batch by name. This seem impossible in the present Event Frames viewer of PI Vision. I have tried pinning the batches of interst, they all go yellow. And I have to watse loads of time fishing for the batches to compare to. COME ON give batch the power we had with the batch view tool in PIM!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show Date and Time Stamps When Comparing Similar Events

When comparing similar events, add functionality to see not only the relative time since the batch began but also the exact date and time as you click around the trend.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Event Comparison Display - add trend configuration options

Currently, Event Comparison trend has 0 configuration options.  I need to be able to: show markers, hide trendlines, set x and y scales, zoom in/out, expand trend to fill screen, set color schemes (running, completed, recently completed).  All things that BatchView BatchTrend in ProcessBook can do!  We can't move to Event Frame Comparison Trends in PI Vision until many of these items are added.

114 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Plot summary profile of all Events in Event Comparison

I would like the option to plot summary calculation profiles (average, maximum, minimum of all the Event Frames currently in my Event Comparison) in order to compare each Event Frame to the average of the included Event Frames, i.e. if I have 10 event frames then I would like to display the concentration over time for each individual Event Frame (10 profiles) as well as the average concentration profile of all the event frames (1 profile). This is somewhat like a golden batch but is a statistically manufactured plot as opposed to being from a golden run.

See https://pisquare.osisoft.com/thread/36396-how-do-i-plot-an-average-for-an-attribute-from-event-frames.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple Traces on Overlay Trend

Ability to put multiple traces (like flow and temperature) on a single overlay trend, still with showing data from multiple events/ batches or comparison against golden batch/events.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Events Comparison: Configure via URL parameters

Allow configuring event comparison displays in an ad hoc way so that the search criteria and the attributes shown can be set through URL parameters.

For example: As an operator, I would like to receive email notifications with hyperlink URL pointing to the correct Events Comparison display, along with configurable search criteria.
    The same automation could be used in an iFrame inside a 3rd party application to open (inside the iFrame in Kiosk mode of course) a related and contextualized Events Comparison display with targeted search criterias or using a simple mouse-over.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED