PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve display loading performance

Large displays can take 30 seconds or longer to load. Load times are particularly slow in Internet Explorer. Displays needs to load faster.

27 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for HTTP/2

PI Vision currently uses only HTTP/1.1. Please add support for HTTP/2 so that PI Vision will load faster. This is especially important for mobile devices, which are generally already slower compared to desktop or laptop computers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Now button Text and Color

If the page is not showing current time then the "NOW" text should state "Past" and the background of the now button should turn red (or some other color)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Optimize PI Vision with WebAssembly

Generally, WebAssembly code is smaller than JavaScript code and executes faster. However, WebAssembly is not supported by very old browsers such as Internet Explorer.

Please consider replacing some of PI Vision's JavaScript code with WebAssembly. Since PI Vision is arguably the PI program that users use the most, it is important for it to be as good as possible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Minify PI Vision's HTML, CSS, and JavaScript code

The code for PI Vision's web pages is currently not minified. Please minify it so that the pages load faster, especially on mobile devices, and so that the network traffic is reduced.

To be clear, to avoid the extra processing time of a separate minification step, the generated code should be minified to begin with. That is, minification should not be a separate step.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Trend line Colors

Trend lines colors should always stay the same. In other words if point 1 is deleted from a trend the point that becomes point 1 should assume the color assigned to point 1. This would be consistent with Processbook

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add url link to a group

At the moment one cannot add a URL Link to a set of Grouped symbols. One can of course add a URL Link to one or more item in the group, but for maintenance and configuration purposes I link on the Group Level would be nice.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easy Copy Paste of DCS screens

I wish we could easily copy paste DCS screen with live datas and easy animations as from on the DCS, with the link between screens (as from the DCS). We could then roll back and replay a sequence of production and eventualy see what was going wrong or what could be improved. Even better if we could even see alarms.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pin your time when navigating displays

Provide an option to pin the current time you are looking at on 1 display, and carry that time forward to any other display that you end up navigating to.

Useless for dashboards but very powerful for process control system graphic replicas.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tooltips: Show tag attributes

As a user I would like to be able to see the commonly used tag attributes when I hover over a tag in a value, trend or other symbol so that I can effectively interpret and act on the data.

Some important attributes for end users include:
    - Description
    - Engineering units
    - Zero and span
    - Point source
    - Instrumenttag

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display PI Point attributes from PI Vision symbols on a display

On a PI Vision display, we should be able to click a tag symbol and bring up the PI Point attributes. This would be very useful for the operators. This feature exists in PI Processbook

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update time on all open displays

PI Vision has finally solved the pesky process control system (PCS) HMI limitations. By replicating PCS graphics into PI Vision, you can effectively turn anyones web browser into a read-only OIT... which means we can have many tabs (i.e. displays) open in one browser.

Can we find a way to update all the tabs (i.e. displays) that are open in the browser for a specific time?

For example, if i have a transfer tank, centrifuge, and receiving tank displays open in 3 separate tabs, is there any easy way to update the time on all 3 graphics to a specific…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen Ordering

It would be ideal if the order of the screens could be configurable and static. Having the order change constantly based on last/recently viewed is not user-friendly.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Standardize pointer for links on graphic

Im currently using a graphic (index, with buttons) from an operating plant DCS as a mimic on PI Vision. I want the user to click the buttons as they would on the DCS and the embedded link will take them to the display. I've discovered that using a text box with a link turns the cursor to a pointer finger with single click navigation, however, using a drawn shape/box (not a text box) with a link, the user must double click and does not get the pointer finger that you do with the text box. I feel the action should…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sort/Remove Bad Values in PI Vision

I need the ability to filter out Bad Values and also the ability to sort them. At Devon Energy we have very large Asset Framework databases for Production and there are scenarios where we do not have uniformity across all equipment, so we may get a 'No Data', 'Calc Failed', 'Bad' or 'Scan Off' sometimes in hundreds of rows of PI Vision and we need the ability to see the operational exceptions and remove these from view - or sort them to the top/bottom.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to allow Vision users to set and save their time zone

We are a large company that is across the US. We need to allow users to set and save their time zone within PI Vision.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have a chance, we’d like to learn more about the use case behind this request.

By default, PI Vision will automatically pick up and use the time zone of the client machine a user is running their browser on, so all times should be displayed in a user’s local time zone.

If this isn’t the behavior you are seeing, or if you have a use case where users need more control over the time zone being used to display data please let us know.

17. Hide scrollbars in Vision when all display symbols are visible.

I have just recently started working with PI Vision. I have searched the Help documentation for any reference to the scroll bars that are always visible in the display window. I found no reference to the scroll bars. It seems reasonable that the scroll bars should automatically disappear if all symbols in the display are visible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Setting up a time-frame & more

Currently when we change the end-time, automatically the start time changes because the gap between the two times does not change. We would like the start time to stay the same, and the gap time to change. We lose a lot of time because we always need to re-write the start time when we change the end time.
    It would also be nice if we can write in the difference between the start and end time, for example, currently we can only chose between 1h,8h,1d,1w,1mo, it would be nice to decide exactly what we want and not only have 5…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Resolve Varying Digital State Sets when using Asset Context switching

Currently in PI Vision, digital state sets are not taken to account when using Asset Context Switching for displays. In the future, taking tag configuration into account in PI Vision displays for Asset Context Switching.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 12:00:00 and 00:00:00 time display in trends

Differentiate between 12:00:00 AM (00:00:00) and 12:00:00 PM otherwise it shows up twice within 1 day on trends

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED