PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add element name and description to display

We should be able to add element's name and description to symbols, without the need to create another attribute for that. So we could easily have element relative titles and labels...

17 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pen Color property for attribute

Have the ability to set a pen color for an attribute in Element Template and have PIVision use this. For example, I want to set Temperature as Green for all my trends. So when I look at hundreds of trends a day, I don't have to check every time if I am looking at Temperature or Pressure. By pen color you automatically know what attribute you are looking at on PIVision displays (assuming all trends built with using the pen color from database).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. View data across AF Element Versions

Handle the ability to trend data from attributes across AF Element Versions. 

For example, when old sensors have been replaced with a new control system, new tags are created and customers use AF Element Versions to manage the mapping between the old and new tags.  Users would like to use and visualize data across this versioning time point.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Asset Comparison Table: Add Child Attribute as Column

Currently, this can be accomplished by organizing you AF structure with rows as element names (assets) and columns as attributes using an Asset Comparison Table. I would like to see OSI Take the next step to generalize the asset table to be able to use Attributes as rows and their child attributes as columns (where you can choose). However, it would be nice to be able to select any child attribute and display its value as a column within a table. This would make PI Vision Tables significantly more flexible.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Direct visualization on PI Vision of the correspondence PI tag/asset atribute

This "feature" is very useful for all users (specially Operations) when we change from ActiveView to Pi Vision. The transition period must be taken in account.

It will be an extra if OSI can develop the visualization of some more detail information about the attributes of the assets in PI VISION.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Direct Visualization of AF Tables in PI Vision

PI Vision should be able to directly pull entire  table objects (such as linked tables) from Asset Framework into a display, rather than forming a table of attributes with Table Lookup data reference.

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Invalidating data in PI Vision

As a PI Admin, we need to invalidate data that we do not believe is valid.  This can be a real pain to do in SMT and would be much more user friendly if we could highlight a trend of where we deem the data invalid and have it flag the data as questionable.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Collection Criteria: Attribute Value

Collection Criteria: Attribute Value

Current functionality allows to set collection criteria based on an AF Attribute value. However, this functionality does not work if the attribute uses the “Table Lookup” data reference.

Having this functionality available would increase scalability and flexibility.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Given a target AF element, generate a trend in PI Vison that contains all the attributes under a given attribute category within the target

TR1.a Dynamic Trend

Given a target AF element, generate a trend in PI Vison that contains all the attributes under a given attribute category within the target element.

Use case

At each compressor station there could be multiple pipelines entering and exiting the station. For each line, there may be pressure transmitters measuring the gas pressure inside the line. All pipeline pressure readings at a facility shall be displayed on a single trend on the Compression Station Level screen.

AF setup

The compressor station elements are derived from the CompressionStation AF Element Template. All station line pressure readings are brought…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tree View for Display Asset Context Switching

As a PI Vision user, I want to use an AF hierarchy Tree View to switch the asset context of my display so that I can navigate to the asset I'm looking for.

83 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support of more than 1 reason code

As a user, I would like to enter more than 1 reason code per event frame. For example, a downtime event frame is created for the whole production line, and I would like to have a reason code for the cause and the other for the equipment.
    Currently, AF only supports 1 reason trait attribute per event frame. This also allows PI Vision to enter 1 reason per event frame.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open attached files directly from PI-Vision

It is great that I can attach files as an attribute to an element in AF and that these files are shown in the PI-Vision navigation (see attached screenshot). But why is it not possible to open these files directly from PI-Vision? This would be a great improvment.

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support renaming of AF elements and attributes

PI Vision does not support the renaming of AF elements or attributes or the movement of them within the hierarchy. After renaming or moving these objects, symbols referencing them will show No Data in PI Vision.

209 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Table Dynamic Filter to include attribute category filtering

Currently, table dynamic filter criteria only includes element concepts, however, would like attribute category filtering concepts. For example, if I wish to categorize attributes as “Ancillary”, where one turbine model has 3 such attributes and another has 10 (because they come from different templates derived from the same base) – the table should shrink/grow rows to only reflect those attributes for the current asset context.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display a PI Vision page embedded within PI System Explorer

We have found PI System Explorer to be excellent at navigating through PI Tags, Document/Manual hyperlinks and general metadata about assets (serial numbers etc).

If it was possible to embed a PI Vision or PI Processbook page on a dedicated tab (Where General, Child Elements, Attributes, Ports, Analyses etc are) it would leverage visual tools within the asset framework, and allow for a true enterprise tool to monitor assets and projects.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Asset List Swap with Element Description

As a user of PI Vision I would like to be able to swap through assets based on their element description rather than element name as it is easier for me to identify the assets as such.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Swap context relative to AF hierarchy

As a user of PI Coresight I want to be able to swap context at a parent (plant) level and propagate new context to child elements relative to the AF model hierarchy.
    Currently only information on the Coresight display part of the same element template are concerned by the swapping.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to edit some PI-AF properties from PI Coresight, i.e.: Light-weight PSE

PSE is often used as a client-tool where it is not intended to be. It would be very beneficial to have a simple PSE tool just to view data. Browse Element Hierarchies and view Attributes, EventFrames.
    Just like PSE. The hierarchy could also make a small step towards a navigation hierarchy to navigate to Asset-relative displays.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a PI AF Attribute Synonym Field Button for Searches

We would like to have a synonym field for an element’s attribute that is searchable through PI Coresight, analogous to how we could search for an attribute’s description. In the screenshot below, the rightmost button with the pencil allows us to search for an attribute’s description. Another button could be added to search for a PI AF Synonym. Synonyms for an element’s attribute could be created within PI AF and presented to PI Coresight. For example, we may want to equate the attribute “RPM” with “SPEED.”

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide data when attributes don't exist for dissimilar assets

Assets and machines are never quite the same. Be able to swap the asset/element context (may be different template) and if the selected asset doesn't have certain data available on the display, don't show it on the display rather than an error message.

This should apply to collections in addition to individual symbols.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED