PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data format of CSV exports

Hi there,

One thing that I've noticed about exporting data (as a .csv anyway) is that the time points are consistent across multiple tags, and on top of that they exported as one big column. Is there any way to standardize the time points across all the tags when exporting and have them be exported as individual columns?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend Data Filtering

Ability to filter out data on trends when a condition is true.

For example: remote all data on a trend when the status is 'Not Running' or 'Capacity' is below 50%.

Data would be hidden on the trends (gaps), optional way to collapse the false time periods as well.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multi-state based on calculation

Configure multi-state: enable color changes using result of a calculation comparing data with another PI tag or PI AF attribute value.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create AF analytics from PI Vision

Allow users to define calculations in PI Vision that can be "promoted" to AF analytics.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. allow digital state to store a number

Our system PMD Honeywell is a bit random for digital values. A digital value can be 0 or 1 but can also be 254 or 255.
    I want to do time weighted average for the digitals so I need the value to be a number. If I specify that the digital is digital then I can convert the 254 and 255 to 0 and 1 but that is stored as text not a number so the time weighted average does not work. If I specify it as a float 32 then I can adjust the calculation by subtracting 254 if…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adding Radar Diagram/Spider chart

please add Radar diagram it is helpful for power plant to check the exhaust tempreatures

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option for Hourly or Daily Intervals when viewing data

Have an option to change the interval of the data. For example, it would be helpful to be able to trend raw data in hourly or daily average intervals over the time-frame selected to smooth out the trace. Currently this is feasible with a tag calculation through AF which takes up tags.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. calculated COUNT of an attribute

Count of values in tables:

In tables there are some calculation (MIN, MAX; AVERAGE, RANGE, STDEV,...) available, but no COUNT - I´m really missing it for online reporting, for example: number of cycles or produced pieces based on suitable attributes/tags

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Rounding values

It would be great to be able to round numbers up to the required mark. Now we have to create an additional dimension attribute.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Golden Batch / Comparing current event values

We can visually compare current events and Golden Batch with the 'Pinned' on PI Vision 2017.

I believe it would be interesting to compare current attribute values and Golden Batch values.

For instance, for an active event, when the current temperature value differs more than 10% of the Golden Batch temperature value, a visual alarm will be displayed, a notification is received...

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create on the fly calculations

Be able to create "on the fly" calculations similar to PI ProcessBook datasets.

284 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better Trace functionality

More advanced Trend/Trace options are required given that is one of the core functions of this application.
    Absolutely Required:
    Same Trace functionality should be available when you double click a trace and "drill-in".  Currently you lose the ability to change anything meaningful such as the time base, and cannot add any more traces to the display.
    Should be able to add at least 2 hairlines and then be able to do calculations between the 2 hairlines, such as AVG, Time Weighted AVG etc.
    The Trace scale should become active when a particular Trace is selected in a multi trace display. …

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possibility to use array values in analysis

I would like to use array attribute values in analytics.
    For example, I have the coefficients of a polynomial curve stored in an array and I would like to use this to calculate que Producible Power of a WTG.
    Storing this kind of data in separate attribute leads to many attributes being created and much noise into AF Elements.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show calculation inputs with a single action when viewing the calculation result

If one is viewing a calculated value on a trend, for example, it would be helpful to take one step to see the values behind that calculation for troubleshooting purposes.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Filter Out Attributes by value

there should be an option to exclude an attribute from a display based on its value.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow bar graphs in trends

Add bar graphs as an option for trends

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. DataLink features in Coresight

To get the functionality of the extensability, as for example spider chart or other charts, it is necessary to get timed data series in Coresight.
    For example hourly values with the syncronized timestamps from a series of PI tags.
    In general i want the same functionality as in DataLink.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Forescast option in Trend

Using the historical data of a trend, visualize the forecast using any regression method

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED