PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add description to search results

Show more information in the search results when searching PI Data Archive.

Just showing the Tag Name is not helpful on sites with large volumes of complexly named tags.

The ability to specify which attributes to display in search results would be ideal, so you can see description or Point Source or ExDesc in the results.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add element name and description to display

We should be able to add element's name and description to symbols, without the need to create another attribute for that. So we could easily have element relative titles and labels...

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to request access to data

If a user doesn't have access to view the data associated with data items (tags/attributes) on a display, provide a way for them to be able to request access to the data.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fit-all button for imported Processbook display.

When you open an imported PB display, PI Vision would automatically fit-all for your screen. However, after you click zoom-in several times, there is no quick way to come back to fit-all size because there is no fit-all button.

Fit-all button is available on the normal PI Vision display, so I hope it's possible to add this button for imported PB Display too.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy tag name from PI-Vision display

Adding the option to copy the tag name of the selected item in a PI-Vision display to the Windows clipboard, so that that tag can easily be used in another application.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Configurable Help

Make het possible to customize this "Help button" (Help button in PI-Vision) to add links to own (local) websites.
    Or make a custumizable ribbon like in Microsoft Office.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent users from opening display if they don't have access to data

If a user does not have access to any of the data items (tags/attributes) on a display, they should not be able to open that display.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use Attributes as Timestamps in PI-Vision

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a display which should always show the last event of a machine.
    I know there are event frames, but I think it would be nice if there was a way to use attributes as the start time and end time of a display's time span.

In this way, it would be possible to change the timestamps of the display dynamically and you would only see the relevant period.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move element through vertical or horizontal axis

Possibility to move an element through a vertical or horizontal axis, for example when pressing the SHIFT key. Maybe it can be considered as a snap-to-grid feature.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add new element to group without ungrouping

It is not possible to add a new element to a group already defined without ungrouping it and then grouping all elements together.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change Column width in tables - PI Vision

Adjust column widths in table

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add search to ad hoc trend workspace

Add search to ad hoc workspace so that attributes and tags can be added directly from search to the ad hoc trend.

Allow direct access to the ad hoc workspace so that users investigating an issue don't have to open a display or create a new display to get there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Help visualizing data in trend cursor if they are spikes surrounded by null values

If a trend contains values (digital or numerical) that are surrounded by NULL values (empty) these would appear as spikes in a trend. If I want to pull a cursor to inspect this spike, it's difficult to center it where the value is... hence, facilitating the user to put the cursor on the value to display it would be a good feature. This is for Gestamp.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Possibility to view subsecond timestamp in trend cursor, even when display time span is bigger than 5 seconds

Currently, the cursor reports the subsecond timestamp only if the display context is 5s. Why? Can't it just be always reporting subsecond timestamp? Could it be an option?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PI Vision has no hierarchy widget so representing AF hierarchy is very difficult

PI Vision should have a hierarchical widget like many other products that would allow you to display AF hierarchy or load a hierarchy from XML.
    Displaying a tree in a table is a tedious and visually unappealing option for users.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use ISO 8601 Date & Time Format

In my humble opinion, the most sensible date/time format uses 24-hour time and is organised in a most-significant to least-significant sequence,

e.g. 2019-07-17 15:15:15.123

The military uses this format because they cannot afford ambiguities, such as when day number is between 1 and 12, or when hour number is 12.

So the desired format is: YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss.sss

where:-
    YYYY = four-digit calendar year number
    MM = zero-padded month number between 01 and 12
    DD = zero-padded day number between 01 and 31
    HH = zero-padded hour between 00 and 23
    mm = zero-padded minute between 00 and 59
    ss =…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pen Color property for attribute

Have the ability to set a pen color for an attribute in Element Template and have PIVision use this. For example, I want to set Temperature as Green for all my trends. So when I look at hundreds of trends a day, I don't have to check every time if I am looking at Temperature or Pressure. By pen color you automatically know what attribute you are looking at on PIVision displays (assuming all trends built with using the pen color from database).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Compare data over different time ranges on the same trend

As a process engineer, I need to be able to overlay traces on the same trend with data from different time ranges so that I can compare different point in time. This may be the same data item over different time ranges or multiple different data items over different time ranges.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED