PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PI ML Web: Ability to create tours

Ability to configure tours in PI Manual Logger Web so that I can manage tours easily from a central web location.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have dynamic links that are AF attributes redirect the current display instead of opening new tab

Currently, a "dynamic" links on PI Vision displays are Asset Framework attributes using StringBuilder that are displayed using a value symbol. When the symbol is clicked, a new tab is opened.

Having the display redirect in the same tab would be more ideal.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support Cross Domain authentication for PI Processbook to PI Vision 2019 Migration Utility

On an architecture with Utility on a computer located on a different domain of the PI Vision server, the authentication fail.

Could it be possible to prompt a login window (as for AF)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  ProcessBook Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently the migration utility will attempt to access PI Vision as the user who is currently logged into the machine. Could you please share more information about your use case and how would a login prompt be useful in this case? Does the user need to enter login credentials so that they can authenticate as a different user (a user other than the user currently logged into the machine)?

4. Use the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable

The PI Vision install kit currently includes the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015, 2017, and 2019. There is a version available that combines these versions (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads). Please include this version with the PI Vision install kit instead. This should make the PI Vision install kit a bit smaller and shrink the list of included programs.

Of course, if the dependence on the 2015 and/or the 2017 version is eliminated, then it would be better to not implement this suggestion.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation & Upgrading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage PI Vision Displays and Folders inside of PI System Explorer

It would be helpful to be able to manage PI Vision Displays and Folders with the PI System Explorer application.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display propagation between environments in regards to hyperlinks

We create PI Vision Displays in a Test environment, before Migrating them to Production. The Main display has many Hyperlinks to other Displays (and those Displays have Hyperlinks back to Main). When we propagate Displays from Test to Prod, all the links are broken and we spend quite a bit of time updating all of them. Is there a way to have the Hyperlink to another Display in the environment be independent of the Display number in the environment? Or is there a way to manually set Display's number? Related to that, is there a way to propagate a new…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for dragging a data item from search to a custom symbol's configuration pane

As a developer of a PI Vision custom symbol, I want to add the ability for the user to drag an af attribute/pi tag into a field and then use the path of the attribute/tag to perform a web api call. I am looking for similar functionality to how the multi-state feature works.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email Report out

auto generated emails at certain intervals (every 8 hours) that send out uptimes, case counts, selected data points which can be collected and sent to a distribution list.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Asset comparison table - add navigation links for each row

Customer would like to be able to clic over a row on the Asset comparison table, and dynamically update some objects on the dashboard, just like PI Webparts Tree View used to work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. (De)select all + Delete selected button

Please

Provide a (de)select all button in ad hoc workspace (trends) , Also please provide a delete selected items.

Kind regards

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. View Annotations via PI Vision

Ability to see annotations, such as those from Manual Logger, in Pi Vision.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add "Autorange" to graph scaling, just like in ProcessBook

I need to be able to set the upper bound of my PI Vision graph range to the largest value on the graph, all while being able to set the lower bound to zero.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ProcessBook Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Couple/decouple a symbol's data reference with its multistate reference

Provide a multistate toggle to synchronize a symbol's data reference with the multistate reference. When changes are made to the symbol's data item (e.g. display reuse) the multistate will reflect that change too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tooltips: Show tag attributes

As a user I would like to be able to see the commonly used tag attributes when I hover over a tag in a value, trend or other symbol so that I can effectively interpret and act on the data.

Some important attributes for end users include:
    - Description
    - Engineering units
    - Zero and span
    - Point source
    - Instrumenttag

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PIML Web : Present localized timestamps

As an operator I prefer to see timestamps presented in my location's time zone and format (ex: 24h vs AM/PM)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PIML Web : Use now as timestamp when entering data

As an operator, I would like the data I entered to be timestamped now (*), instead of selecting a timestamp from the dropdown list.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED