PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automate copying displays from one server to another

As a PI Vision admin, I need the ability to automate copying displays from one PI Vision server to another while changing data sources in the process.

We have one master site where displays are created and edited and many other sites that are re-using these displays. In doing this, we can templatize displays and ensure that the content is presented in a consistent way.

Minor changes are made every day so this process needs to be automated, and local PI Vision servers also have local displays so the content is not identical, meaning we cannot simply copy the backend…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multistate: Disable hyperlink based on AF attribute value

In PI Vision, the hyperlink can be enable/disable based on different AF attribute values

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display PI Point attributes from PI Vision symbols on a display

On a PI Vision display, we should be able to click a tag symbol and bring up the PI Point attributes. This would be very useful for the operators. This feature exists in PI Processbook

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update time on all open displays

PI Vision has finally solved the pesky process control system (PCS) HMI limitations. By replicating PCS graphics into PI Vision, you can effectively turn anyones web browser into a read-only OIT... which means we can have many tabs (i.e. displays) open in one browser.

Can we find a way to update all the tabs (i.e. displays) that are open in the browser for a specific time?

For example, if i have a transfer tank, centrifuge, and receiving tank displays open in 3 separate tabs, is there any easy way to update the time on all 3 graphics to a specific…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PI Vision admins manage identities stored in back-end to clean up old removed identities and their display sharing settings

PI Vision admins should be able to manage Identities to review and delete stale Identity entries from the SQL back-end, along with any display sharing for them. Since PI Vision administrators have no way of managing the Identities on their Vision server, they cannot clean up identities that were deleted or were from an old AF Server.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tool to list AF Identities that all displays have been shared with

Provide a native tool to list the AF Identities that each shared display has been shared with. This is useful to ensure that intended user access settings are not lost upon setting up a PI Vision server, mapping users to AF identities, and setting up User Access Levels.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to select dynamic values in Advanced Asset Search Criteria in Events table

Add option to select dynamic values (from attribute references) in Advanced Asset Search Criteria in Events table.
    Attribute1 = Attribute2, not just Attribute1 = value.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Data Cap on CSV Export

Hello,

When I export data in the "csv" format, there is a cap of how much is exported. The cap is 3601 rows of data. Only data up to 3601 rows is populated. Would it be possible to remove this cap and export all data? For instance, my team exports pressure data for several years at a time. With this data cap, only the data from around a half a year can be exported at one time. Is there a way to export all data past the current 3601 row cap?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improved migration of arc symbol

The arc symbol is migrated with the PI ProcessBook to PI Vision Migration Utility, however PI Vision does not support the same configuration options as PI ProcessBook, so in many cases arcs are not migrated well (PI Vision only supports 90 degree arcs). Improvements should be made so that arcs from PI ProcessBook can be migrated properly.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ProcessBook Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trend: Allow custom titles

Allow specifying plot titles for trend symbols, similar to how ProcessBook allows specifying a plot name.

101 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PI Vision Mobile Performance

PI Vision performance is slow on mobile devices, but fine on wired-in desktops. This idea is to work on improving mobile performance.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Training videos gone.

Just a question? What happened to the training videos? I just started using this PI Vision yesterday as I was looking forward to learning via the videos. I am alone in extreme remote solar. : (

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Screen Ordering

It would be ideal if the order of the screens could be configurable and static. Having the order change constantly based on last/recently viewed is not user-friendly.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PI Manual Logger Chromium browser compatibility

As we're going to use the Chromium browser as an enterprise standard, it would be great if Chromium was officially compatible with PI Manual Logger.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Size (Height, Width) in Properties of Pi vision display along with Option to add Header and footers

1- Add Size (Height, Width) in Properties of Pi vision display along with Option to add Header and footers. It will Ensure homogeneity to the Multiple displays created. and it will also be easy to add fixed navigation links to multiple pages in one go.

2- Please allow to enter Attributes in existing Pi vision displays by typing in addition to search, Drag and drop option.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Embed video to PI Vision Display

As PI Vision user I would like to embed critical process equipment's video to our PI Vision Displays so that I can see how the equipment is functioning in real-time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Standardize pointer for links on graphic

Im currently using a graphic (index, with buttons) from an operating plant DCS as a mimic on PI Vision. I want the user to click the buttons as they would on the DCS and the embedded link will take them to the display. I've discovered that using a text box with a link turns the cursor to a pointer finger with single click navigation, however, using a drawn shape/box (not a text box) with a link, the user must double click and does not get the pointer finger that you do with the text box. I feel the action should…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Grouped monitored assets per building

How can I get all my monitored assets to my favorites page instead of having to scan through all to find mine. Like for example: Air handlers, I have 4 air handlers in my building. I would like to group them together on one page and save as my favorite.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Presentation mode

An option to display fullscreen without the outer blue border.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Trend: Regression line

Support for a linear regression lines on trends, similar to what was available in PI ProcessBook.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED