PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fit-all button for imported Processbook display.

When you open an imported PB display, PI Vision would automatically fit-all for your screen. However, after you click zoom-in several times, there is no quick way to come back to fit-all size because there is no fit-all button.

Fit-all button is available on the normal PI Vision display, so I hope it's possible to add this button for imported PB Display too.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy tag name from PI-Vision display

Adding the option to copy the tag name of the selected item in a PI-Vision display to the Windows clipboard, so that that tag can easily be used in another application.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Configurable Help

Make het possible to customize this "Help button" (Help button in PI-Vision) to add links to own (local) websites.
    Or make a custumizable ribbon like in Microsoft Office.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use Attributes as Timestamps in PI-Vision

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a display which should always show the last event of a machine.
    I know there are event frames, but I think it would be nice if there was a way to use attributes as the start time and end time of a display's time span.

In this way, it would be possible to change the timestamps of the display dynamically and you would only see the relevant period.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move element through vertical or horizontal axis

Possibility to move an element through a vertical or horizontal axis, for example when pressing the SHIFT key. Maybe it can be considered as a snap-to-grid feature.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Opciones de Multiestado para TAG ESTADO

Con la ultima actualización, al seleccionar multiestado para el tag de ESTADO la ventana de opción de color se queda fija en la parte superior y no aparece junto al estado seleccionado haciendo dilatada esta tarea.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PI Manual Logger: More modern admin UI

Update PI Manual Logger to have a more modern admin UI (web versus Windows).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reports of Specific PI Manual Logger Entries

Reports or visualization of the PI Manual Logger entries specific to the operator.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. editable field in table

Add an editable field to the table so that I can add targets for the data. I can put targets in text boxes next to the table, but they don't sort along with the table data.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. alias tag names

Anywhere that you can show a tag name you should be able to show an alias instead. For instance, tables only allow you to show the tag name and not an alias.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move Trend Cursor with arrow keys (keyboard)

At the moment it is just possible to move a trend curser with the mouse. But hitting a certain point in a trend would be much easier by moving the trend course with the arrow keys of the keyboard.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change Column width in tables - PI Vision

Adjust column widths in table

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Preserve display links across different batches of migrated displays

Currently display links are only preserved when linked PI ProcessBook displays are migrated together. Navigation links should be preserved across different batches of displays that are migrated.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add search to ad hoc trend workspace

Add search to ad hoc workspace so that attributes and tags can be added directly from search to the ad hoc trend.

Allow direct access to the ad hoc workspace so that users investigating an issue don't have to open a display or create a new display to get there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improved migration of arc symbol

The arc symbol is migrated with the PI ProcessBook to PI Vision Migration Utility, however PI Vision does not support the same configuration options as PI ProcessBook, so in many cases arcs are not migrated well (PI Vision only supports 90 degree arcs). Improvements should be made so that arcs from PI ProcessBook can be migrated properly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Help visualizing data in trend cursor if they are spikes surrounded by null values

If a trend contains values (digital or numerical) that are surrounded by NULL values (empty) these would appear as spikes in a trend. If I want to pull a cursor to inspect this spike, it's difficult to center it where the value is... hence, facilitating the user to put the cursor on the value to display it would be a good feature. This is for Gestamp.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Possibility to view subsecond timestamp in trend cursor, even when display time span is bigger than 5 seconds

Currently, the cursor reports the subsecond timestamp only if the display context is 5s. Why? Can't it just be always reporting subsecond timestamp? Could it be an option?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Data format of CSV exports

Hi there,

One thing that I've noticed about exporting data (as a .csv anyway) is that the time points are consistent across multiple tags, and on top of that they exported as one big column. Is there any way to standardize the time points across all the tags when exporting and have them be exported as individual columns?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hairlines all the time

Allow for hairlines (trend cursors) regardless of the size of the graph.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED