PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add same attribute across multiple elements in bulk

Add the same attribute for multiple elements in bulk! We frequently look at the same attribute for >60 elements in a single display. I would like to select an attribute, then select all elements that I want to see that data for, then drag the attribute onto the page.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Specify the font size for a symbol

it would be really useful to configure the size of both values and text by entering a number for the size of text

96 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded

This functionality is part of PI Coresight starting with PI Coresight 2016.

4. multi-state blink?

can we please have blink option available for multi-states?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy or migrate displays between systems & reassign data items

Be able to copy displays between different Coresight systems. One example might be a dev --> test --> prod scenario. The migration needs to include the reassigning of data items to a new PI-AF server and/or PI Server.

But there are other cases where you want to reuse a display that's already been created but it's in a different Coresight system.
    ======
    Note: This was previously Enhancement 64766.

107 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

The PI Vision Display Utility was released with PI Vision 2017 and allows PI Vision administrators to move displays between PI Vision servers and update data items on displays to facilitate migration between development, test and production environments.

6. Exporting Data

I cannot seem to find the export data feature from Coresight 2014. Will the export data feature be added back to Coresight 2016? Or maybe I am not looking the the right place.

This feature is a must for our organization.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Event Frame Advanced Search

There is no ability to refine the event frames returned. Even worse there is no mechanism other than the name to identify the differences between event frames. We do have multiple different types of EF's on a single item of equipment; for example we might have an EF for downtime and another for "idle time" (equipment running but not doing anything useful).

There is no way currently to filter the EF results based on the EF Template or category. I would also include the template and category in the search results

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A new search configuration dialog has been added to PI Coresight 2016 R2 that allows custom searching for events. Now users can search by event severity, custom time range, asset name, asset type, attribute value, and more. The search configuration is saved with the display so users can quickly find events of interest without the need to reconfigure.

Thank you for providing your feedback and helping us add the features you want to PI Coresight.
    The PI Coresight Development Team.

8. Gauge: Radial Gauge

Support a radial gauge symbol type.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A configurable radial gauge will be included in PI Coresight 2016 R2. The gauge allows the configuration of pointer style, gauge angle, scale, multi-state, and color configuration.

Thank you for providing your feedback and helping us add the features you want to PI Coresight.

9. URL paramters

I wish I can use URL parameters(kiosk mode, hidetoolbars etc) across all coresight displays and not just on Ad-hoc display.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

URL parameters like Kiosk mode, HideToolBar, HideTimeBar, etc., work across all PI Coresight displays; displays created with the editor, Ad-hoc displays, and imported PB Displays.

10. Multistate gauge driven by other attribute than visible value

I want to have drive the multistate behaviour in a gauge from a different source than the visible value. The reason is that i have a calculation in AF that classifies a sampled value in a range of 1 to 5.
    I want the 1-5 assessment to drive the multistate, not the tag value.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A configurable radial gauge will be included in PI Coresight 2016 R2. The gauge allows the configuration of pointer style, gauge angle, scale, multi-state, and color configuration.

Attribute limits can be configured in PI-AF to use a dynamic data reference or a fixed value. Attribute limits are automatically used by PI Coresight to configure multistate and scale limit values.

11. Trend: Zoom

Allow the user the ability to zoom in on sections of the trend line to closely review deviations in the trend at a smaller time scale.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Rubber band zoom with a mouse and two finger pinch/stretch on touch devices is included in the released version of PI Coresight 2016

12. Using ONE display to link to multiple related assets

This took me a long time to figure out, but you can already do this, just not easily Say you make a display for Engine 01 and it shows RPM HP and Fuel. You can then take the link and modify it so when you get an alarm for Engine 09 you can use the same display but send an email with a URL that will show engine 09 data. There has to be a way we can simplify this.
    IE:
    https://X.com:/Coresight/#/Displays/655/Main-Unit-Diagnostic
    https://X.com:/Coresight/#/Displays/655/Main-Unit-Diagnostic?Asset=\\SERVER\AF NAME\FOLDER\Main Unit 09

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The asset parameter can be used to change the AF context of a display, or an alternative is to use the asset list. By default the asset list shows elements based on the same template as other assets on the display, and starting in PI Vision 2017 R2 you can configure search criteria to control which elements appear in the asset list.

13. Dynamic element selection (collections of assets)

Use: Have a template that is a container of elements. Would like to be able to have a display automatically update to include all the elements added to that container so that I do not have to manually update the display every time an element is added.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pop Up Trend from any symbol

Support seeing a pop up trend from any data symbol on a display from a double click/tap on the symbol (or other UI mechanism like right click context menu).

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Symbol Changer: Change symbol type from one symbol to another

Allow change of symbol type from existing symbol on display

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The ability to directly change from one symbol type to another will be included in PI Coresight 2016 R2. This includes the ability to not only switch between the standard PI Coresight symbols but includes switching between custom symbols added to the system by 3rd parties.

Thanks you for providing your feedback and helping us add the features you want to PI Coresight.
    The PI Coresight Development Team

16. Coresight to support Animation

It will be great if Coresight could support animations such as gif or similar.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create Display Folders & Manage User Access with Folders

Have the ability to create folders for displays as a way to organize them.  Be able to add and delete displays from the folders.  Manage user access to displays (read vs read/write) by the folders.

155 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Navigation: Link to a Display with Asset Context

When linking to another display via text hyperlink or a button, be able to pass in the current asset/element context of the display you're looking at into the destination display.

For example, if looking at a Wind Turbine Overview display for Wind Turbine 3, if I click on the link for the Gear box detailed display, then the Gear box display will show the gear box information for Wind Turbine 3.

65 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The PI Vision development team has completed work on Drill-in Navigation in PI Vision 2017 that enables linking to another PI Vision display from any symbol on a display with options to pass the asset context of the selected symbol and the time range of the display. Upgrade to PI Vision 2017 to take advantage of this and other key new features. You can read about the key new features in PI Vision 2017 in our release announcement here: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Releases/RL01216

19. XY Plot

Support an XY plot that is able to visualize data in another dimension other than time. 

User story:  As a process engineer, I want to trend one attribute against another (like depth) SO THAT they can visualize the data in context of the other attribute rather than by time.

Need in Coresight XY plotting abilities : mainly like in processbook + overlays of design/signature curves from AF tables. In addition overlays of differents XY curves from event frames would be great. This is really something missing to Coresight to be able to monitor pumps, compressors,…

86 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The PI Vision development team has completed work on the XY Plot in PI Vision 2017 R2. The XY Plot is now out of CTP and has improved performance, an updated configuration experience, and new formatting options. Upgrade to PI Vision 2017 R2 to take advantage of this and other key new features. You can read about what’s new in PI Vision 2017 R2 in the release announcement: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Releases/RL01278

20. Related Assets: Handle relative parent and child element attributes when swapping asset context

Be able to handle attributes or parent or children from a swapped asset on a element relative display so that their values resolve correctly. 

User story: As a process engineer, I want to be able to build a well display with data from the well’s child assets or parent assets (the field) and have the application swap the appropriate asset context (the well) when I swap the assets SO THAT I can leverage the hierarchical structure on AF that I have built.

63 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The PI Vision development team has completed work to allow the configuration of related assets for displays in PI Vision 2017 R2. This includes the ability to swap parent and child assets for child assets with consistent naming. Upgrade to PI Vision 2017 R2 to take advantage of this and other key new features. You can read about what’s new in PI Vision 2017 R2 in the release announcement: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Releases/RL01278

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED