PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Event Type Duration Pie Chart

Pie chart showing cumulative duration of event frames by event type for an asset(s) over a time period (ex: 24 hours).

Trying to determine how much time you've spent in particular states over the past day.

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Glow effect or outline around text

Consider implementing a a glow effect or outline for text. This way, a user can choose an outline colour that contrasts to the main font colour (e.g. black outline and white font). That way, if one colour blends in too well with the background, the other will still contrast sharply, and so the text will still be readable. For an example of this in action, look at the text on your Desktop icons.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep reference selected between reloads

We have created an element referenced display. So far so good, everything works fine.
    Would it be possible to keep the selected reference selected in between refreshes or after opening the page again? Maybe with a cookie or something? This prevents our users to select their asset ever again and again after opening. Or maybe this is possible already, then please let us now how.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Embed more videos inside of help topics

As a user, I would like to see more videos inside of various help topics/articles SO THAT I can get a clear demo that shows me what I'm trying to do.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Visually display Events (EFs) on a trend

Have a way to visually show event frames on a trend.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change Asset on compared similar event frames display

If I have multiple elements all using the same event frame template I'd like to be able to compare similar events for an asset then switch to a different asset without having to go back to the first display.
    I.E. my display has multiple assets and I can change asset using the drop down box at the top of the screen which then lists events for that particular asset. From there I can right click and select Compare Similar Events By Type which opens a new display locked to the chosen asset. I can save this Compare Similar Events display…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What's New Experience

As a user, I would like to periodically see a list of new features when new versions are deployed SO THAT I can start taking advantage of the new features.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow scrollbars on Coresight Processbook displays

When viewing large displays in Processbook the user can use scrollbars to navigate around the display whilst zoomed in so that the symbols remain legible.

When these displays are imported into Coresight there are no scrollbars which make it very difficult to navigate the display.

Scrollbar functionality should be implemented in Coresight processbook displays so that the same user experience is shared in both formats.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Rubber band" object expansion

I would like the bar graph, trend graph, and table to have sort of a "rubber band" expand mode. As I expand the object, text labels expand in size proportionally as well as the main element.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip

This is minor, but the [!] speech bubble in the header should have a tooltip when you hover over it. I wasn't sure what it was before I clicked on it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Coresight SQL database collation handling

Coresight SQL database explicitly specifies SQLLatin1GeneralCP1CI_AS collation for some of the string columns. The system collation should be used instead.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation & Upgrading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide a 'Description' textbox for Display Settings.

Dear Devs. Currently, we have a few options for Displays; Display Name, Keywords, Display Owner and 'Share With'.

I'd like to propose an additional setting in the form of a large text field for 'Description' say, 500 or 1000 characters.

This would allow Display authors to include meta-data for their displays. Things like a description of what the purpose of the display. Who the intended author is. Who the Business owner of the display should be etc etc. Just a place where authors can add extra detail that may be required.

Right now I have to do this in an…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expose PI data to non PI users

Have a better way to expose PI data to non PI users because they are not familiar with where or how the data is stored in terms of querying or the structures.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Find data and events when an asset was running

For assets that aren't always running, it can be hard to find events (EFs) that have happened back in history.

Provide a way to more easily find these events and/or only show data on trends while the asset was running. (hide time periods).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Exception / Notification based monitoring

Be able to monitor many assets at a time without having to have humans visually watch each one constantly.

Drive the monitoring on an exception basis via notifications. When an issue happens or is about to happen, notify the appropriate people and take them to the right place (display) to analyze the situation and make a decision.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search by Keywords

Dear Devs.
    At the moment the use of keywords is limited to the 'Filter by Keywords' balloon menu where more common keywords appear larger.

it would be helpful if you could perform a search on keywords. This would make keywords valuable as users could search (not just by display name) but by a keyword which would narrow the keywords balloon menu. This may be valuable when the system becomes inundated with many keywords.

Cheers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Editor improvements

1. I would like to be able to mark multiple symbols by drag and drop, now the only way is Ctrl+Click

2. I use Ctrl+Drag to copy symbols in ProcessBook as I find it quicker and more precise when adding new objects to the display.

3. Quick edit the tag/attribute on a value symbol: Change the tag/attribute on a value instead of having to add a new value from right hand menu

4. Sizing: It would have been great having a sizing toolbar to set an absolute size, now it’s difficult to add two symbols with the same size

5. Text alignment: I would love…
    6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add more tags to one trend for PDI files in Coresignt

"Add more tags to one trend for PDI files in Coresignt"

I am interested when i see one .pdi display in Coresight to put in context the tags evolution. Now i can see only one , the selected tag.
    For this reason to make the process easier it is better to can select lat say 10 tags jut by click and open in an trend directly from
    .pdi file.
    In Process book this is possible by VB macro.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PI AF Nested Parent/Child Asset Search

We noticed that if we created in PI AF a parent template with a nested a child template, and subsequently instantiated the nested parent/child template in a PI AF hierarchy, PI Coresight would only recognize the instantiated parent asset in a related asset search. For example, in PI AF we are creating a parent template for a reactor and are looking to nest a child template for a weigh scale that only applies to a subset of all reactors. We want PI Coresight to return in a related asset search all reactors and the weigh scale where applicable.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Do not preserve old values in Gauges or values

I designed a display. I wanted all of the parameters shown to be from a different set of assets. (URL parameters didn't work because they were in an AF hierarchy nd not a flat structure). I draged the numbers onto the guages and values and viola, the values reflected the new, dragged on value. The issue is that when you clisk on the value and view the history, it still shows the original value and there is no way to get rid of the original. Would be best if the oroginal disappeared, but secondarily, make it possible to delete the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED