PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. URL parameters for displays with parent and children attributes

When I use a URL parameter to change the parent, all of the children attributes on that display also change. I have a handful of element structures that are all the same. I want to make one dashboard and then use A URL parameter to reference the other parents that will automatically update all the other data with children of the newly selected parent.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fill Color Same as Background Color

Fill Color the same as the background color

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow size change of Trend Column in table

Dear developers,
    in a table the column containing the small trend/preview cannot be resized (made wider). It would be very beneficial if the size of this column could be also changed.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Zoom in PI ProcessBook ad hoc trends

When clicking on a symbol of an imported PI ProcessBook display it opens an ad hoc trend in PI Coresight.

We would like to be able to zoom on that ad hoc trend

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Filtering Linked Elements or Elements With Duplicate Names

1) Ignore linked elements (this seems the most direct but there would probably be a use-case where this would cause a problem)
    2) Allow blocking or “ignore” of selected paths to prevent the search from finding elements not wanted in the results
    3) Maybe a variant of #2 – provide a “preferred path”
    4) display switch(s): “Unique only”, “Ignore Linked” or something like that.

A similar issue occurs when elements are given duplicate names (ie: Factory 1 and 2 both have a Unit 1 and 2). CS will find 2 Unit1 but it’s not immediately obvious which factory it belongs…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. URL Parameter

Include URL parameter to control AF search path within Coresight. Useful for when sending an email that then allows a user to drag and drop attributes into Coresight.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Plant Operations TreeView Navigation

16 or so years ago Marty Williams at Coors came up with the idea to create a hierarchy to reference the file location of related PI ProcessBook Displays. The system originally as per the presentation used MS SQL to hold the paths of the PI ProcessBook Displays. This was similar to PIW displays but leaner. I rewrote the program to use the Module database to hold PB file references. The Treeview uses an S88 hierarchy to outline the whole brewing process and maps all implemented production PI ProcessBooks available for Brewing Operations staff. This one PDI file is still in…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show/Hide ProcessBook import folders

Add the ability to show or hide a ProcessBook import folder on the Coresight homepage based on AF Identity permissions.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Control keyword setting for public displays

Dear developers,

in public displays it is possible that anyone can delete keywords which have been stored for a Display. This is not good since then users can change something without the permission of the owner of the display.

What I did: I changed the keyword for a public display from which I am not the owner, i.e. I delete the only keyword defined and click on save.
    When I check the keywords for the public display I see that the deletion was successful and no keyword is defined.

I can understand that it should be possible for other users…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show hourglass when changing the timeframe

Show hourglass when changing the timeframe...when going from 1 Day to 1 Week or Month takes a delay in the background to retrieve and present the data and end-users start repeatedly clicking the timeframe selection.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. turn off assets in search window so I can bulk select all the attributes

turn off the assets in search so I only have a list of the attributes

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Default/Templated displays for asset templates

because every asset has an template => every template has a asset based view default display.

it should be possible to configure a default display per asset template, when i klick on the left asset tree then the element automatically opens with the right display

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Table: Add Mean & Median values to columns

For the available table columns, please can you add the option to get statistical mean & median for chosen tags?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Informationen based on Zoom Level

Would be nice, for hugh overviews, to have the ability to define what is shown on the display based on the zoom level

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rename coresight display names

Coresight display rename

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When drilling down, one losses visibility of other elements at the level of the parent.

This behavior changed from the previous version of Coresight. Major customer in the O&G industry is asking for this to be restored

Description:
    When I select a parent element (eg. Texas), I'll see all assets under Texas (eg. Odessa, Houston, etc), however I lose visibility of all other elements that existed at the same level of the parent element (Texas, Utah, Wyoming).

See screenshot attached for more info

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. AFTable data in Coresight

Allow AFTable data to be used in a Coresight display symbol.

Currently there is no way to navigate to AFTable instances in the navigation pane of Coresight. It would be useful to expose these object types and allow custom Coresight symbols to consume their data.

It would also be beneficial to expose a function in the webServices service so that this data can be retrieved programmatically. Currently, this is only possible by directly querying the PI Web API for this data via an $http call.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Table - Trend Preview

Trend preview from table. Similar to how Silverlight version worked, where you can click on the spark trend in a table and get a larger preview

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED