PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile: Allow browsing display folders

The mobile site is missing a home page or a way to browse display folders. Without this users get confused, it's not clear that you need to search to find displays.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DCD alarm report

NEXT TO TRACK DCD EVENTS AND RUN A REPORT WEEKLY/ MONTHLY/YEARLY
    WE ARE TRACKING IN ADMS AND NEED A WAY TO SEND VIA EAMIL. scada point ids Bin 00014-00018 on reclosers.
    Paul Unrast

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Data format of CSV exports

Hi there,

One thing that I've noticed about exporting data (as a .csv anyway) is that the time points are consistent across multiple tags, and on top of that they exported as one big column. Is there any way to standardize the time points across all the tags when exporting and have them be exported as individual columns?

Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How do I make My Displays, my displays?

Anyone know how to make the "MY Displays" selection my personal displays? it looks like they are shared. When I click on it I see 318 displays but so far I have only made 1.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to allow Vision users to set and save their time zone

We are a large company that is across the US. We need to allow users to set and save their time zone within PI Vision.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have a chance, we’d like to learn more about the use case behind this request.

By default, PI Vision will automatically pick up and use the time zone of the client machine a user is running their browser on, so all times should be displayed in a user’s local time zone.

If this isn’t the behavior you are seeing, or if you have a use case where users need more control over the time zone being used to display data please let us know.

6. Single Gauge with Multiple Values

Configure gauges using multiple attribute values. As an example, if you have a tank that has 2 level sensors, it would be helpful to show both levels in 1 gauge. Currently we accomplish this by creating 2 gauges and putting 1 on top of the other, but having a single symbol with both would be more functional.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create PI ProcessBook Support Tool add-in to replace data sets in PB displays with other data references before migrating to PI Vision

As described in PI System Analytics: Which tool is best for the job? (https://customers.osisoft.com/s/knowledgearticle?knowledgeArticleUrl=KB00868), OSIsoft recommends using asset analytics instead of PI Calculation data sets to create calculations that are available across the PI System and perform at scale.

To ease the migration from PI ProcessBook to PI Vision, it would be helpful if OSIsoft created a PI ProcessBook Support Tool add-in to replace data sets in PB displays with other data references, such as PI tags. Once a customer has created analyses to replace PB calculation data sets, such an add-in would allow them to update existing…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide scrollbars in Vision when all display symbols are visible.

I have just recently started working with PI Vision. I have searched the Help documentation for any reference to the scroll bars that are always visible in the display window. I found no reference to the scroll bars. It seems reasonable that the scroll bars should automatically disappear if all symbols in the display are visible.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to Disable Snapshot Values on Trends

As a PI Vision end user, I would like an option to disable snapshot data on trend symbols. Currently, when a display's end time is set to "Now" and trends update in real-time, incoming snapshot values are cached and included as part of its traces whether those values are later compressed out or not.

This can cause issues with connector data as PI Connectors do not support exception testing and often send very high frequency data. The resulting traces can become noisy to the point of uselessness even at fine-grained time ranges (ex: one minute).

Ideally, trend symbols should have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to report display creation and modified dates

As a PI Vision admin, I would like to be able to report on display creation and last modified dates

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Test

hey! siapa nama anda?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Trend: Statistics between cursors

When adding multiple cursors to a trend, have a way to show the statistics (delta/min/max/avg/duration) between the two cursors so that a user can easily understand what happens during the cursor times.

67 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow editing of Vision display start time and end time together..

It would be great if Vision display start time and end time could be configured together. Whenever I change start/end time of a trend, PI Vision immediately requests for data from PIDA even though I haven't finished entering the start/end times.

For example I have a trend with last 8 hours of data. Then I want to check data back in January 2010. When I enter 1-Jan-2010 into the start time field and click on end time field to set the end time of the trend to 1-feb-2010, PIVision already fires a query to PI Data Archive before I have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have the entered data from PI Manual Logger Web be view-able from the PI Point trend and historical data table without refreshing.

It is very important in the case of downtime to see the changes in Manual Logger Web immediately to ensure the downtime and run-time events are accurately measured. Therefore having the data not update immediately in the tag trend display in the manual logger web view or the historical data view is detrimental because it is difficult to know if the event was accurately entered.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display the value of the selected trend in bigger characters

When analysing multiple trends, it would be useful to display the value of the selected trend in bigger characters in order to easily identify it.
    See attached file to see how it looks like actually

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Setting up a time-frame & more

Currently when we change the end-time, automatically the start time changes because the gap between the two times does not change. We would like the start time to stay the same, and the gap time to change. We lose a lot of time because we always need to re-write the start time when we change the end time.
    It would also be nice if we can write in the difference between the start and end time, for example, currently we can only chose between 1h,8h,1d,1w,1mo, it would be nice to decide exactly what we want and not only have 5…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add RootPath functionality to Event Frame Table

I would like the ability to leverage the RootPath URL parameter to return all event frames tied to child elements of the selected asset. Currently, this seems to work only if the display is created against an asset with all of the same child element names as the context-switched element. I would like this to work for any set of child elements regardless of the child element names.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export data directly to PI DataLink

Option to export data to a PI DataLink sheet configured with connection info so that you can jump into further analysis in a spreadsheet.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PI Vision Page Authoring Tools Improvement

I noticed quite a number of issues while attempting to author a new PI Vision Page. Here are a list of things that are lacking in PI Vision compared to PI ProcessBook and needs to be included into PI Vision as soon as possible:
    1. Unable to Copy and Paste the Format from one Graphic/ Object to other Graphics/ Objects
    2. Limited Color Options in Format Shape/ Text/ Background/ Display
    3. Unable to Resize Grouped Graphics/ Objects
    4. Unable to set up Layers
    5. Value Text does not reflect Multistate color settings, only the shades behind the Value Text reflect…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Set symbol size independent of font size

Currently, the font size is directly related to symbol size. This is problematic when migrating button symbols from PI ProcessBook to PI Vision, since they will not retain their width. This leads to manual work being required to adjust the display layout after displays are migrated.

An alternative solution would be to add a button symbol to PI Vision that can be sized independently of the symbol's font size.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED