PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. apply event time range to pi vision display to show time before and after event.

We have events of short duration and often use the "apply time range" option from the events table or events search in Pi Vision. We then have to manually adjust the time frame in PI Vision to be able to see a wider time range and understand what happened before the event. It would be really useful to be able to have a configurable time frame that PI Vision uses to show x minutes before and x minutes after the event when using "apply time range".

This functionality would also be useful on the event event details page.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow DateTime columns to be sorted in chronological order

Currently in the Table and Asset Comparison Table symbol, data in columns can be sorted in numerical or alphabetical order.

For columns with timestamp format (e.g. DD/MM/YYYY), allow sorting of time stamps by the DateTime properly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Couple/decouple a symbol's data reference with its multistate reference

Provide a multistate toggle to synchronize a symbol's data reference with the multistate reference. When changes are made to the symbol's data item (e.g. display reuse) the multistate will reflect that change too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display PI Point attributes from PI Vision symbols on a display

On a PI Vision display, we should be able to click a tag symbol and bring up the PI Point attributes. This would be very useful for the operators. This feature exists in PI Processbook

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PI Vision admins manage identities stored in back-end to clean up old removed identities and their display sharing settings

PI Vision admins should be able to manage Identities to review and delete stale Identity entries from the SQL back-end, along with any display sharing for them. Since PI Vision administrators have no way of managing the Identities on their Vision server, they cannot clean up identities that were deleted or were from an old AF Server.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Check if source PI Data Archive/AF Server is a stored server reference in display utility

When changing AF or PI Data Archive server names using PI Vision display utility, check if the source entries for the servers are stored server references for the displays. In case, I don't specify the correct source server name (FQDN vs hostname) or have misspelled or made a typo, it is clear that the Display Utility will not make changes to the displays.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Data Cap on CSV Export

Hello,

When I export data in the "csv" format, there is a cap of how much is exported. The cap is 3601 rows of data. Only data up to 3601 rows is populated. Would it be possible to remove this cap and export all data? For instance, my team exports pressure data for several years at a time. With this data cap, only the data from around a half a year can be exported at one time. Is there a way to export all data past the current 3601 row cap?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Analytics / Calculations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove requirement for SQL setting 'disallow results from triggers' to be set to 0

When 'disallow results from triggers option' SQL feature is enabled and set to 1 on the SQL serverwhere the PI Vision database is hosted, PI Vision displays cannot be saved resulting in error:

"A trigger returned a resultset and the server option 'disallow results from triggers' is true"

Existing versions of PI Vision do not support this feature to be enabled and must be set to 0 for a proper functioning of PI Vision saving displays capabilities.
    However, this SQL feature is reportedly recommend to be set to 1 by Microsoft and it is mandatory for some customers to have…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PI Vision Mobile Performance

PI Vision performance is slow on mobile devices, but fine on wired-in desktops. This idea is to work on improving mobile performance.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile: Phone  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PI Manual Logger Chromium browser compatibility

As we're going to use the Chromium browser as an enterprise standard, it would be great if Chromium was officially compatible with PI Manual Logger.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Size (Height, Width) in Properties of Pi vision display along with Option to add Header and footers

1- Add Size (Height, Width) in Properties of Pi vision display along with Option to add Header and footers. It will Ensure homogeneity to the Multiple displays created. and it will also be easy to add fixed navigation links to multiple pages in one go.

2- Please allow to enter Attributes in existing Pi vision displays by typing in addition to search, Drag and drop option.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Event Frames Table & Features enhancements

• The ability to view event frame attributes/annotations (or referenced element attributes) within the Events table in PI Vision
    • Select multiple events in the table and define a reason code and/or comment for all events selected
    • Input/View comments from the event table instead of having to open a new window in PI Vision for each event
    • Ability to use the event table with tablets/phones (Not sure if this is possible already? I tried on our system and was unsuccessful)
    • sort/filter based on the highest production targets which are event frame attributes
    Use Case:
    • During well…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Embed video to PI Vision Display

As PI Vision user I would like to embed critical process equipment's video to our PI Vision Displays so that I can see how the equipment is functioning in real-time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PI ML Web: Ability to create tours

Ability to configure tours in PI Manual Logger Web so that I can manage tours easily from a central web location.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry / PI Manual Logger  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Overwrite a display in different folder

In Pivision - if I use the 'Save As' function to save a display from Folder A to Folder B and that display name already exists in the destination folder - I should be given the option to overwrite the target display if I am the owner of both displays. I think having the warning message 'display already exists' is helpful, however, I should be able to proceed with the overwrite/save.

If want to stage an update to a display in a limited access folder before copying the update to a public folder I am unable to do so -…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Herramientas de Dibujo

Herramienta para definir el tamaño exacto de símbolos, imágenes y formas

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support Link to ServiceNow in PI Vision Header

In PI Vision 2019 we added a link in the header. This allows our customers to report any issues with a display through our ServiceNow ticketing system. With the PI Vision 2019 SP1 this option has disappeared. Instead of adding the link to each display, we could have one link at the top making it simple.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED