PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access Vision Displays By Name Instead of ID

When migrating displays from one environment to another using the Vision display utility there is no guarantee the ID will remain the same in the destination environment. Since Vision displays can only be linked to via ID, all links in both Vision and ProcessBook files would need to change. This significantly complicates the migration process and makes it very error-prone.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend: Regression line

Support for a linear regression lines on trends, similar to what was available in PI ProcessBook.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PI Vision folder access

Customers would like to fully controll access to folders and sub-folders without having administrator access to the entire PI Vision server.

Multiple organization specific folders with their own "administrators"
    Theese folder-admins can take ownership and modify displays in their folder but no other folders.

At the moment only administrators and the owner can change owner on displays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resize drawing with define sizing value

Have a line/rectangle in the PI Vision screen. Wanted to reduce the length - width/height of the line/rectangle.
    Wanted to adjust it by entering the height/width in numbers instead of drag by mouse?
    Means know line should be of width = 50px and rectangle of width=100/height=80. wanted to set it exactly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Trend: colorize area below tag-line

I have a tag (0/1) and want to colorize the area below the tag to increase the visibility of the status... (Optimum would be a changeable transparency to avoid the hiding of other tags/attributes)... is this possible?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy tag name from PI-Vision display

Adding the option to copy the tag name of the selected item in a PI-Vision display to the Windows clipboard, so that that tag can easily be used in another application.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Configurable Help

Make het possible to customize this "Help button" (Help button in PI-Vision) to add links to own (local) websites.
    Or make a custumizable ribbon like in Microsoft Office.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drop down for collections

Have an option for collections to appear as a drop down list in the display. This would be beneficial for context switching in displays, so that the user could then select from a drop down on the display which element to view. Instead of having to scroll through a collection and double click the element.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Out of spec (min/max) shows up as bad data

Data that is outside of the range of the Min and Max set in AF show up as 'bad data' in a multi-state display. This means instead of the display on the screen flashing red they turn blank (how our multi-state is setup)

I think this shouldn't behave this way. If my temperature drops below the min I want it to be shown out of spec, not bad.

I also can't just change the min and max as it drives the scale on the gauges.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Polyline

Enhance the drawing options to allow the ability to draw polylines.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PI Manual Logger: More modern admin UI

Update PI Manual Logger to have a more modern admin UI (web versus Windows).

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PI Manual Logger: Support for Multiple PI Servers/Collectives

Support for multiple PI Data Archives/Collectives for one instance of PI Manual Logger.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support AF Identities from Multiple Servers

Currently, only 1 AF server is configured to provide identities for vision display security. Displays can show data from multiple AF servers, which could have different security mappings. It would be nice to be able to pull identities from multiple AF servers for display security that matches the AF security that already exists.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reports of Specific PI Manual Logger Entries

Reports or visualization of the PI Manual Logger entries specific to the operator.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Symbols with Different Timestamps

The ability to create PI Vision displays with symbols (value, gauge, table) that display data at different timestamps or over different time ranges.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Match Trace Colors Between the Display and Ad Hoc

In the PI Vision ad hoc workspace, the colors of the traces in the ad hoc trends should match the colors that they were in the display they came from, instead of being randomly assigned a new color when they are added.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision 2019, if a trend symbol is added to an empty ad hoc workspace, the trace colors used in the workspace will be the same colors that were defined in the trend. If there are already data items in the workspace, the colors will be assigned in a specific order so that there are no duplicates.

When data from any other symbol is added to the workspace, the data items will always get assigned a color in a specific order.

Please let us know if this is the behavior you are looking for or if you are looking for colors to be preserved in other cases.

18. An API to Build Displays Programmatically

Would like an API to programmatically create PI Vision displays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. multiple ways to show values

Hi - there should be a possibility to add multiple thresholds to the trends, to compare and easier display high and low values. Also it would be great if the lines could change from vertical to horizontal to show the range.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Comparison Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preserve display links across different batches of migrated displays

Currently display links are only preserved when linked PI ProcessBook displays are migrated together. Navigation links should be preserved across different batches of displays that are migrated.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED