PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pen Color property for attribute

Have the ability to set a pen color for an attribute in Element Template and have PIVision use this. For example, I want to set Temperature as Green for all my trends. So when I look at hundreds of trends a day, I don't have to check every time if I am looking at Temperature or Pressure. By pen color you automatically know what attribute you are looking at on PIVision displays (assuming all trends built with using the pen color from database).

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 关于PB流程图观看权限分配的问题

能否将使用PB画的图,转换成PIVISION线上的图,以便于分配权限?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kiosk mode toggle switch

Add a kiosk mode toggle.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Highlight trace

Ability to highlight more than one trace

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto-Format + More

Some improvements I would love added to PI-Vision:
    - "Snap-to" feature for adding horizontal/vertical lines. (sometimes they disappear on me too if they are exactly horizontal?)
    - "View mode" capability to compare two different assets.
    - Creating a template tool for adding data (Ex. when dragging + dropping data it is formatted to size 18 font, black, no timestamp)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not all publishers get folder modification access

Although user is set up as publisher, does not get the ability to modify folders or move graphics to folders. Only the "Administrator" named user gets this capability.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use Attributes as Timestamps in PI-Vision

Hi,

Currently I'm working on a display which should always show the last event of a machine.
    I know there are event frames, but I think it would be nice if there was a way to use attributes as the start time and end time of a display's time span.

In this way, it would be possible to change the timestamps of the display dynamically and you would only see the relevant period.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have Dynamic Links that are AF Attributes redirect the current display.

Currently, a "dynamic" links on PI Vision displays are Asset Framework attributes using StringBuilder that are displayed using a value symbol. When the symbol is clicked, a new tab is opened.

Having the display redirect in the same tab would be more ideal.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to allow Vision users to set and save their time zone

We are a large company that is across the US. We need to allow users to set and save their time zone within PI Vision.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have a chance, we’d like to learn more about the use case behind this request.

By default, PI Vision will automatically pick up and use the time zone of the client machine a user is running their browser on, so all times should be displayed in a user’s local time zone.

If this isn’t the behavior you are seeing, or if you have a use case where users need more control over the time zone being used to display data please let us know.

10. Tree View / Structure in PI Vision - Not consistant with other products.

Not a fan of the Asset Framework tree structure in PI Vision. It needs to work as a tree structure just like PI System Explorer. The setup in Vision is too clunky and is hard to navigate.

Again, I would like to see the tree structure consistent in all products to mirror System Explorer.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SQC States Do Not plot on Event Frames

SQC States do not plot right on event frames

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs *PLEASE SEND TO TECH SUPPORT*  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Like Button in PIVision for Displays

We need a like Button to score an good Display.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PI Manual Logger App

Business feels its easier to use PI ML as an app rather than webpage.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Manual Data Entry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Use ISO 8601 Date & Time Format

In my humble opinion, the most sensible date/time format uses 24-hour time and is organised in a most-significant to least-significant sequence,

e.g. 2019-07-17 15:15:15.123

The military uses this format because they cannot afford ambiguities, such as when day number is between 1 and 12, or when hour number is 12.

So the desired format is: YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss.sss

where:-
    YYYY = four-digit calendar year number
    MM = zero-padded month number between 01 and 12
    DD = zero-padded day number between 01 and 31
    HH = zero-padded hour between 00 and 23
    mm = zero-padded minute between 00 and 59
    ss =…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bullet Chart Symbol

I would like to have support for Bullet Charts by default like in the example below.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fit-all button for imported Processbook display.

When you open an imported PB display, PI Vision would automatically fit-all for your screen. However, after you click zoom-in several times, there is no quick way to come back to fit-all size because there is no fit-all button.

Fit-all button is available on the normal PI Vision display, so I hope it's possible to add this button for imported PB Display too.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alarms/Shutdowns

Having the ability to view alarms/shutdowns and status' on the trends would be valuable in troubleshooting. For instance; currently you can see the unit shut down but do not know why.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. All display page

It would be great if we can be able to put displays in all display page in different folders and not have them all piled up on all display page every time we create or import new ones. They are getting too many and It does not look nice. Thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Processbook Electric T&D Symbol to PI Vision

PI vision currently does not have the Electric T&D symbols library that is included in Processbook. In the next release of PI Vision we would like to see these symbols available in processbook. Using the PI ProcessBook Migration Tool (PI Vision 2019) is not a viable workaround to use these symbols.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PI Vision fix the width of a display

I know there is an auto fix button. Some of the display we make we intend to have to scroll down. We would like a button to autofit the width on different displays

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED