PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Like Button in PIVision for Displays

We need a like Button to score an good Display.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share button to a PIVision Display with the right parameters

There should be a button to share the display directly with the right parameters (selectionned asset, period of analysis timestamps,...) a bit like what Youtube does when you share a video at a specific timestamp. This way you could share your analysis on a specific moment, store some url with interesting behaviours you'd like to compare, ...
    Yoann MENELET

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. DEXPI Converter to PI Vision Screens & AF Structure

DEXPI is an open Standard for P&ID and the Data behind.
    It would helpful if osisoft products directly can read this Standard to generate AF Structure or PI Vision Screens

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a way to share display URLs via auto-generated email

Provide a way to send an email from a display that includes a URL to that display.

Provide a way to multi-select displays on the home page and send the URLs of those displays in an email.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add ability to select sharing options on save or save as page

When you save or save as to copy a page, have an option on that page to share to world or others

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Simple crowdsourcing of custom symbols and complex displays

Although developers can share custom code, there is no simple way to share a good custom symbol or even great display design across the global community, from the user, rather than the developer community.

It would be great to have a drop folder that anyone can share some of the effort put into a great symbol or display in Pi Vision 4 . Then a simple voting system to rank them by stars or popularity by number of downloads could be tracked to create a sort order for the contributions. Contributions that make a threshold of user voting, or download…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow sharing a display with edit permission

As a display creator, I want to give other users edit permission on the display so we can collaborate in creating the display and so that other users from my team can make needed changes when I'm not available.

137 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Central PI Vision server to collect displays from localized PI Vision servers

As a global company with sites all around the world, local laws sometimes force us to have separate web servers with separate PI Visions. It would be good to have a central PI Vision server that can connect and access displays from all of the site PI Vision servers.
    Currently, if we want to access the displays created in that separate PI Vision server, we have to access a separate PI Vision site. This can be complicated when we have to compare displays from several different web servers. This is also a limitation when we want to deploy a single…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Share PI Vision displays with AD users and groups

Be able to share PI Vision displays with AD users and groups, not only with AF Identities.

54 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show AD display names rather than User ID

PI Vision shows who owns a display and who commented on Event Frames, but does so by showing the user's ID in format "Domain\UserID" which is not always readable. It would be better to display the AD user's display name in these places to make it clear who performed the action.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export to csv from PI Vision symbols

Export time-series data from selected symbol(s) by right-click > Export to csv.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In-App Instant Messaging

Have the ability to instant message other PI Vision users from within the application in order to share and collaborate.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. inability to email coresight screen in 2016

how do you email a coresight screen from the new 2016 version? this was a very handy function when you wanted to share a problem with others.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Control keyword setting for public displays

Dear developers,

in public displays it is possible that anyone can delete keywords which have been stored for a Display. This is not good since then users can change something without the permission of the owner of the display.

What I did: I changed the keyword for a public display from which I am not the owner, i.e. I delete the only keyword defined and click on save.
    When I check the keywords for the public display I see that the deletion was successful and no keyword is defined.

I can understand that it should be possible for other users…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Send Mail link missing in PI Coresight 2016

There is no longer a Send Mail link on native displays in PI Coresight 2016. This link was available on native displays in previous versions but it was removed in the 2016 version. It still exists for ProcessBook displays viewed in PI Coresight, it was only removed from native displays.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Sharing & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Share an event in email

Be able to select an event (event frame), click a share button, and have PI Coresight automatically insert information about the event into the email such as name, start time, end time, duration, asset, and event attribute values. Also include a screen shot of the event on a trend.

Also include a link to the same event details page in PI Coresight and a link to the display the event was on when shared, preserving all time context.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Share a trend via email

Be able to select a trend, click a share button, and have PI Coresight automatically take a screen shot of the trend and insert it into email.

Also include a summary table of the data in the trend.

Also include a link to the same ad hoc trend in PI Coresight and a link to the display the trend was on when shared, preserving all time context.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED