PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Check if source PI Data Archive/AF Server is a stored server reference in display utility

When changing AF or PI Data Archive server names using PI Vision display utility, check if the source entries for the servers are stored server references for the displays. In case, I don't specify the correct source server name (FQDN vs hostname) or have misspelled or made a typo, it is clear that the Display Utility will not make changes to the displays.

10 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Overwrite a display in different folder

In Pivision - if I use the 'Save As' function to save a display from Folder A to Folder B and that display name already exists in the destination folder - I should be given the option to overwrite the target display if I am the owner of both displays. I think having the warning message 'display already exists' is helpful, however, I should be able to proceed with the overwrite/save.

If want to stage an update to a display in a limited access folder before copying the update to a public folder I am unable to do so -…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fangpunkte

Fangpunkte für Waagerechte und Senkrechte Linien

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tool to list AF Identities that all displays have been shared with

Provide a native tool to list the AF Identities that each shared display has been shared with. This is useful to ensure that intended user access settings are not lost upon setting up a PI Vision server, mapping users to AF identities, and setting up User Access Levels.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How do I make My Displays, my displays?

Anyone know how to make the "MY Displays" selection my personal displays? it looks like they are shared. When I click on it I see 318 displays but so far I have only made 1.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Grouped monitored assets per building

How can I get all my monitored assets to my favorites page instead of having to scan through all to find mine. Like for example: Air handlers, I have 4 air handlers in my building. I would like to group them together on one page and save as my favorite.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to report display creation and modified dates

As a PI Vision admin, I would like to be able to report on display creation and last modified dates

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PI Vision Display Utility: Copy displays between PI Vision databases on the same machine

The 2019 PI Vision Display Utility was changed so that displays from a PI Vision Server cannot be copied over to a different database on the same PI Vision Server. We keep a backup of the PI Vision SQL database on the same machine as PI Vision in case we need to restore a display from the database backup.

To support this, we would like the ability to copy displays between different PI Vision databases on the same machine.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Axis that scroll with the data

What is would like to have, is that when multiple datasets is put in 1 trend. You get on the left axis and on the right the data. When I scroll through the data sets I would like that the axis scroll with the data sets. is this possible

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add "Autorange" to graph scaling, just like in ProcessBook

I need to be able to set the upper bound of my PI Vision graph range to the largest value on the graph, all while being able to set the lower bound to zero.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Manage PI Vision Displays and Folders inside of PI System Explorer

It would be helpful to be able to manage PI Vision Displays and Folders with the PI System Explorer application.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow editing of Vision display start time and end time together..

It would be great if Vision display start time and end time could be configured together. Whenever I change start/end time of a trend, PI Vision immediately requests for data from PIDA even though I haven't finished entering the start/end times.

For example I have a trend with last 8 hours of data. Then I want to check data back in January 2010. When I enter 1-Jan-2010 into the start time field and click on end time field to set the end time of the trend to 1-feb-2010, PIVision already fires a query to PI Data Archive before I have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide Select, Select All, and Move Displays functionality from the "My Displays"/"Favorites" folders.

If my displays are located in different folders I must navigate to each folder, select the display(s) and move them to the desired folder.

It would be great to be able to move all of my displays at once from the "My Displays" view.

It could also be useful to have the ability to select and move displays from the "Recent", "Favorites", and "All Displays" views as well.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For the error messages displayed, it can be made a bit more explanative

In the PIVISION display, when errors like attribute not found are recived, it becomes difficult to point out what the error exactly means or is reffering to which attribute.

If there could more information like attribute name, or path or some more description which make troubleshooting more easier

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy tag name from PI-Vision display

Adding the option to copy the tag name of the selected item in a PI-Vision display to the Windows clipboard, so that that tag can easily be used in another application.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 关于PB流程图观看权限分配的问题

能否将使用PB画的图,转换成PIVISION线上的图,以便于分配权限?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All display page

It would be great if we can be able to put displays in all display page in different folders and not have them all piled up on all display page every time we create or import new ones. They are getting too many and It does not look nice. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text alignment in tables

Customer would like to see if the display alignment of text based information in a column can be modified or make it default to be aligned from the left-hand side in the new PI Vision release, which is a common practice for other text based displays.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Save graphs as image

Save graphs as png or svg

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA/PREVIEW
COMPLETED