PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy tag name from PI-Vision display

Adding the option to copy the tag name of the selected item in a PI-Vision display to the Windows clipboard, so that that tag can easily be used in another application.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Choosing a directory for saving my displays

Add the ability to save my displays on my "W" Drive so I don't have to wade through all the junk in the current directories and I can easily find the data I want to view or save.
    My current options seem to be "Coresight Displays" or "RP Displays"
    I want to navigate to me own directory and save my displays there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change Column width in tables - PI Vision

Adjust column widths in table

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 关于PB流程图观看权限分配的问题

能否将使用PB画的图,转换成PIVISION线上的图,以便于分配权限?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Not all publishers get folder modification access

Although user is set up as publisher, does not get the ability to modify folders or move graphics to folders. Only the "Administrator" named user gets this capability.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. All display page

It would be great if we can be able to put displays in all display page in different folders and not have them all piled up on all display page every time we create or import new ones. They are getting too many and It does not look nice. Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Text alignment in tables

Customer would like to see if the display alignment of text based information in a column can be modified or make it default to be aligned from the left-hand side in the new PI Vision release, which is a common practice for other text based displays.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save graphs as image

Save graphs as png or svg

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Select multiple variables of a graph of variables already created. In this way, the selected variables are highlighted in the graph, facilit

Select multiple variables of a graph of variables already created. In this way, the selected variables are highlighted in the graph, facilitating their correlation evaluation.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve the sharing display window

* Increase the height of the window :
    The current version is very small and it is difficult to search among hunfdreds of identities the one you need in a list of 2cm height

* Alllow to configure what info to display in the identifity list box :
    Actually, only the name of the identity is displayed. it is a technical identity name which means nothing to PI Vision users. Would it be possible to allow (by configuration of PI Vision) to display the description for example (or an other added field in the identities configuration)

* Only display the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export Dashboard Image

Option to export dashboard as a high resolution image

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make PI Vision Display backup feature optional or customisable within Migration Utility

Make PI Vision Display backup feature optional or customizable within Migration Utility
    Currently the backup feature is hard coded and everytime we migrate displays, errors get logged in DB.  As we don't have access to perform such backups on external system, such feature should be optional and/or customisable.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow locking/anchoring of symbols.

Ability to lock Symbols in place so that they don't shift when I try to select them. This doesn't always happen, but when it does it's pretty annoying. I should be able to right click and lock/unlock a Symbol so that it doesn't accidentally get moved around.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trend Cursor - Slow Data Values

I've the noticed when adding a trend cursor, that the data values take a very long time to show up. This happens instantaneously in Procesbook, but takes 10-15 seconds in PI Vision, which doesn't make the tool very friendly to use.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mass copy PI Vision displays between folders

It would be helpful to mass copy PI Vision displays between folders for different projects. Otherwise, we have to copy one display at a time.
    Obviously, the tags will need reconnected for the copied displays but the value of copy/paste with the display structure will save a lot of time.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Autosave PI Vision Displays

I think autosaving the displays would be a good idea to add.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. group elements font modification by adjusting the object size

When we group objects together like Text, Value, Symbols, rectangle box, lines etc, there should be provision to automatically change its properties when we resize the group.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improved filtering options in PI Vision Display Utility

In addition to being able to filter and sort by display name and owner, several other fields might be considered as well. For example, date last accessed, date last modified, and date created. These fields would be useful to include in case a user wanted to manage/remove only displays that are no longer used. I'm certain there are plenty of other categories to include that would make Vision Display Utility even more robust and user-friendly, especially when making changes in bulk.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Boxplots

I think it would be grat to have boxplots.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trace autoscaling and removal within trend

add ability to rescale traces in trends and take off traces and add back in trends to better explore data

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED