PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Decimals Multi-State

Multi-State should allow decimal numbers in the limits.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Trend Scale Range:  Top / Bottom Based on AF Attribute or calculation

Would like the ability to set the trend scale based on an AF Attribute since different products, equipment, lines etc might have different operating parameters.

It would also be nice to be able to base the scale on a calculation, i.e. (AF_Attribute_UpperLimit + 5%)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

AF attributes can be used for scale limits in PI Vision. This can be done using the Minimum and Maximum limit attribute traits in AF.

If these are set and the trend is configured to use database settings then these values will be used as the minimum and maximum scale values.

For more information on attribute limit traits please see: https://livelibrary.osisoft.com/LiveLibrary/content/en/server-v11/GUID-0D32012F-7520-4555-8086-FBC6286FC50A

3. Administrator access

administrator should have access to all displays

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change display sharing options for displays in a folder

If a display is in a folder, the list of identities with which the display can be shared will include all identities. However, the customer do not want to see all the Identities, only want to find all identities that the current user is a member of.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision 2019, only users with write access to a folder will see the sharing option for that folder. The list of identities shown for sharing will be the identities that the user is a member of in addition to the identities that the folder has already been shared with.

For additional information on PI Vision 2019 check out the release announcement here: https://customers.osisoft.com/s/knowledgearticle?knowledgeArticleUrl=kA01I0000007AdxSAE

5. Imported Processbook Display, Allow option for Scale-Range when open pop-up trend by clicking on Value Symbol

Currently on imported PB display, when clicking on Value Symbol, a pop-up trend will use Auto-Range to set the scale of the trend. I would like to have an the option to use 'Database' setting. 

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Alignment of values within an element

Ability to left, centre and right align text so that when values change, they stay aligned with sibling elements. For instance, a value of 1,000psi going down to 0psi will align itself back to the left but it would be preferable to align to the right so that units line up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

PI Vision 2017 R2 introduced the ability to horizontally align the text within value symbols (left, center or right)

7. Small scroll increment of trend time in PI Vision

Need to be able to make smaller than 1 interval change on time scroll.  Example: if displaying 1H of data, user can scroll 1H increments.  I would like to scroll in 1H increments or 15 minute increments.  this help navigating to right time period.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Scrolling time in small increments can be done if you mouse over the bottom portion of a trend. When doing this, your mouse cursor will change to a hand that can be used to drag the time range forward or backwards in time in small increments. The increment is determined by how far you drag. This functionality was introduced in the 2016 version.

8. multiscale: fix scale manually

Hello,

When I switch to "multiple scale" there is no possibility to add the values per scale manually!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision, it’s possible to adjust the scale minimum and maximum values whether you’re using single or multiple scales. When multiple scales are enabled, you can see a unique scale for each trace on the trend. You can manually adjust the scale for each trace in the “Trace Options” within the Trend Format configuration pane.

9. Option to disable warning pop-up for trusted third-party sites

Add the option to whitelist certain domains from triggering the third-party warning pop-up. This could also be handled per session by end-users ("Remember my choice") instead of adding domains to a whitelist.

Current version of PI Vision has the dialog box hardcoded to trigger if a navigation link is not a link to another display.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision 2019, this behavior has been changed so that there is no longer a pop-up warning when navigating to an external site. Instead the mouse cursor will change to indicate when a symbol is configured with a navigation link and a tooltip will show the navigation link URL.

For additional information on PI Vision 2019 check out the release announcement here: https://customers.osisoft.com/s/knowledgearticle?knowledgeArticleUrl=kA01I0000007AdxSAE

10. Make XY-Plot available for collections

Most symbols can be dynamically organized into collections, which is very handy for comparing assets of different sites, where the number of assets vary.
    The XY-Plot does not support this function at the moment.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PI Vision trend dynamic scales with attribute values

PI Vision trend should have dynamic scales according with the attribute values (limits).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Victor Zhang responded

This feature is available in PI Vision 2016 or later. It can be accomplished by leveraging dynamic AF attribute traits, which was introduced in PI Server 2016.

12. Allow combining processbook and native PI Vision folders

Allow combining ProcessBook folders and native Processbook folders (i.e procbook displays and native pi vision displays will reside in one folder); allow building hierarchies using both types of folders at the same time

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is supported in PI Vision 2017 R2. Native PI Vision displays can be created in the same folder containing ProcessBook displays. Because the ProcessBook display folder structure is created and managed based on the Windows file system, ProcessBook displays cannot be moved within the PI Vision app, but PI Vision displays can be moved to ProcessBook folders from within the app.

13. Allow a way to clean up the Display Management "To" list of users

Customer has many more users appearing in the display management To list than the from list. He is wondering why being or having been a display owner at some is sufficient to remain in this list. Could there be a means to delete unneeded users from this "To" list?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can use “User Settings” on the admin portal to remove a user from the drop-down list by clearing its settings. Please check out the functionality and let us know what you think. Thank you for your feedback!

Victor Zhang
    OSIsoft | Technical Product Manager

14. Trending

Trending Must Haves:

I recently installed PI Vision here and I am getting feedback about the trending capabilities, or the lack there of. Please fix the following in the trends

1. The ability to click on values on a page and create an Ad-Hoc Trend. This is another major need.

2. Need to add descriptors to trends

3. MUST BE ABLE to un-zoom in a trend and keep your current place in time. For example if I have a 24 hour trend and I scroll back 10 days and then zoom in, when I un-zoom I still want to be…

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

A few of the items mentioned in this request have been completed, and others are being tracked separately so I have closed this item. Please see links below to the related requests:

1. This feature has been added in PI Vision 2019: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517-pi-vision/suggestions/19529974

2. This request is being tracked by this item: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517-pi-vision/suggestions/19734682

3. This is possible on trends in displays by undo-ing the trend zoom action with Ctrl+Z. Undo functionality was added to popup trends in PI Vision 2019: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517/suggestions/16052407

4. This functionality has been added in PI Vision 2019: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517/suggestions/18710188

5. This request is being tracked by this item: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517-pi-vision/suggestions/10622769

6. This request is being tracked by this item: https://feedback.osisoft.com/forums/320517-pi-vision/suggestions/36381235

15. Search by attribute or tag description

When searching for attribute, it would be nice to search descriptions of attributes as well.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The descriptions of AF attributes and PI Tags are searched when executing a search in PI Vision. To view the description of a search result, hover over the item and the description will be show in the tooltip. Showing the description of search item results in tooltips was added in the 2016 R2 version.

16. Hover/Mouse Over ToolTip for Hyperlinks and Navigation Links

As a PI Vision user, it would be helpful to have a ToolTip showing the hyperlink when a Navigation Link is added to an object or symbol. Right now, this only occurs with a Text symbol, but it would be helpful to have this for other symbols, such as a shape or image.

52 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision 2019, navigation links are now more discoverable on a display. When hovering over a symbol with a navigation link, the mouse cursor will change to indicate that there is a link and the symbol’s tooltip will display the configured hyperlink.

Navigating is now done using a single-click instead of a double-click for all symbols except for the trend, where a double-click is still required so that single-click trend interactions (trend cursor, highlighting a trace) are still possible.

17. Importing PI Data Into A Spreadsheet

Can I get the PI data and import it into a spreadsheet? Who can I call for assistance with PI?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As John commented, this functionality is already available in PI Vision. Please contact OSIsoft Tech Support if you need any further help. Thanks for your feedback!

18. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use AF attribute traits to set symbol scale or limits

As a PI Vision user, I would like to have the option to set the scale or limits of any symbol based on the attribute traits defined in AF. When the symbol contains multiple attributes, it would be useful to be able to select only one attribute to define the scale of the symbol.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PI Vision currently supports this functionality. When the ‘database’ option is selected for a symbol scale, if the attribute has Min and Max traits, the traits will automatically be used to define the scale on the PI Vision symbol.

20. Ability to highlight trace and hide others in one mouse click

Ability to highlight trace and hide others in one mouse click

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED