PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AF URL attribute object in PI Vision

PI Vision should have a object that gives functionality to open URL´s from AF attributes.
    It is possibel to use URL´s in AF attributes, it is even possible to open them from system explorer.
    PI Vision should recon that it is a URL when you drag it into the design pane and automatically create a text object with the URL.

92 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow ?Asset= to use all the derived templates under a base template as correct matches

Attempting to use the parameters reference to reuse a display using the ?Asset= approach.

All my assets at one level are based on the the same template with a couple of them derived from that template.

This approach seems to require the template to be an exact match and not derived from the same template - is that the case?

It would be far more useful to me if I could build one display based on the "building dashboard" template and then use it on that template and all derived templates as they will have the same "base" attributes.

Yes…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

Enhancements to the Asset= parameter in PI Vision 2017 allow for the use of assets from derived templates of a PI Vision display. In addition, PI Vision 2017 R2 introduced the ability to configure the asset template, asset category or asset name filter used for the asset selector on a display.

3. Using ONE display to link to multiple related assets

This took me a long time to figure out, but you can already do this, just not easily Say you make a display for Engine 01 and it shows RPM HP and Fuel. You can then take the link and modify it so when you get an alarm for Engine 09 you can use the same display but send an email with a URL that will show engine 09 data. There has to be a way we can simplify this.
    IE:
    https://X.com:/Coresight/#/Displays/655/Main-Unit-Diagnostic
    https://X.com:/Coresight/#/Displays/655/Main-Unit-Diagnostic?Asset=\\SERVER\AF NAME\FOLDER\Main Unit 09

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The asset parameter can be used to change the AF context of a display, or an alternative is to use the asset list. By default the asset list shows elements based on the same template as other assets on the display, and starting in PI Vision 2017 R2 you can configure search criteria to control which elements appear in the asset list.

4. Kiosk Mode: Show/hide toolbar/time bar of a display using URL Parameters

Enhancement Request: Provide the ability to show and/or hide the toolbar and/or time range when browsing to PI Coresight displays.

Customer Issue: PI Coresight is being integrated into customer dashboards. As such, more customization of the Coresight chrome is being requested to fully utilize the space afforded PI Coresight into these dashboards. There are scenarios where the toolbar and/or time bar are not needed along with the display currently being shown in the PI Coresight area of the dashboard.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 103986.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. URL paramters

I wish I can use URL parameters(kiosk mode, hidetoolbars etc) across all coresight displays and not just on Ad-hoc display.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded

URL parameters like Kiosk mode, HideToolBar, HideTimeBar, etc., work across all PI Coresight displays; displays created with the editor, Ad-hoc displays, and imported PB Displays.

6. Supply a "master asset" URL parameter

This enhancement request is to be able to supply an AF asset path as a querystring parameter in a Coresight URL to allow that asset to be applied to the symbols on the display which share that asset's template.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 62283.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing PI Data Into A Spreadsheet

Can I get the PI data and import it into a spreadsheet? Who can I call for assistance with PI?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  Victor Zhang responded

As John commented, this functionality is already available in PI Vision. Please contact OSIsoft Tech Support if you need any further help. Thanks for your feedback!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED