PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a mode for symbols to auto fit to the screen

In PI coresight, adding a trend or an other symbol to the drawing area arranged it to fit the full drawing zone.
    It was very convenient to make ad-hoc analysis.
    The current design mode of PI Vision is good to design nice and welle positioned symbols.
    Would it be possible to get those two modes available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The ad hoc workspace is meant to meet the quick ad-hoc analysis needs where the trend/table fit the full display area.

If there are specific parts of the previous PI Coresight functionality you would like to see, please add more details.

2. Streamline Hyperlink Usage

When accessing selecting a hyperlink from a chart, and the destination is another display (display X), selecting the hyperlink again should route you to the same page or tab, not open an additional tab of the exact same data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When configuring a symbol to have a navigation link, you have the option to open the link in a new tab or open in the existing tab.

If this does not meet your request, please provide additional details.

3. action of "now" button depending on previous period of time set

I'm currently working with forecast data. In PI Vision, it's easy to display them using the start and end time from the screen below. But when I want to refresh my screen manually, if I click on "Now" button, it will put the current time to my "end time" and won't show me the forecasts anymore.
    Would modify the action of "Now"button in order it take into account the previous period of time set?
    regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Importing PI Data Into A Spreadsheet

Can I get the PI data and import it into a spreadsheet? Who can I call for assistance with PI?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Victor Zhang responded

As John commented, this functionality is already available in PI Vision. Please contact OSIsoft Tech Support if you need any further help. Thanks for your feedback!

5. Automatically enable all necessary Roles and Features

The PI Vision installation kit should enable all necessary roles and features to streamline the installation process. Currently, the "Web Server" role must be manually installed prior to running the PI Vision installation kit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation & Upgrading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request sounds like you would like to invert one data item on a trend symbol while keeping other data items non-inverted. This is possible by configuring the trace scale range to “Set limits for this trace” and “Invert Scale”.

7. Hide timebar passing through hyperlinks

We may want to hide the timebar for certain displays, but maintain it for others.  Currently, it seems like all hyperlinks pull in the URL modifiers from the source location.  So if I want, for example, a timebar on my second-level displays, I need to have it on my first-level displays.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

The ability to control whether URL parameters like hidetimebar are passed in a display link was implemented in the PI Vision 2017 R2 release.

8. remove element relative from pi vision screens

Is there any option from admin to disable the element relative display from PI Vision screens?
    We are facing issues even when we don’t change it or touch it. Sometimes it is changing automatically and without touching or selecting another element.
    We are building PI Vision screens that contains several elements like Boiler 1,2,3,4,… that are using element templates and we need to show different boilers in the same trend and page. it is changing automatically the Asset Boilers and we have to remap them in our displays and again it will change automatically for some reason.
    Is there any…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

The PI Vision development team has completed work to allow the configuration of related assets for displays in PI Vision 2017 R2, including the ability to disable the related assets selector on a display. Upgrade to PI Vision 2017 R2 to take advantage of this and other new features. You can read about what’s new in PI Vision 2017 R2 in the release announcement: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Releases/RL01278

9. Allow uploading images larger than 2 megabytes

Right now, users can only upload images up to 2 megabytes in size; while I realize that there are reasons for this, it'd be great to be able to configure that size cap through a web.config file setting, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CTP feature XY Plot and Eventstable documentaion

In PI Vision 2017 documentation, CTP feature xy plot and eventstable can be unlocked via following command:
    AFDiag /FeatureFlag=

However, this command only works upto.... more recent AF Server versionss. There is a need to know for PI Administrators which AF Server version is required to use XY Plot and EventsTable from PI Vision 2017+.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The requirement of AF Server version was added to the admin guide. Besides, the symbols are no longer in CTP; they are now officially supported.

11. Display y Permisos

• Acomodar por carpetas los Displays.
    • Elegir que usuario puede ver  o editar el display(Permisos de Usuario)
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Display organization is already implemented in PI Vision 2017 R2 SP1.

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ProcessBook Viewer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scrolling Table grids in Coresight

Need the ability to have Scrolling tables in Coresight...
    Sometimes there's the need to show a really large table.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Ryan commented, the table symbol will have a scroll bar once you add enough data items. Please check it out and let us know what you think. If you need any further help, please feel free to contact OSIsoft Tech Support.

15. Add same attribute across multiple elements in bulk

Add the same attribute for multiple elements in bulk! We frequently look at the same attribute for >60 elements in a single display. I would like to select an attribute, then select all elements that I want to see that data for, then drag the attribute onto the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded

This functionality is part of PI Coresight starting with PI Coresight 2016.

17. multi-state blink?

can we please have blink option available for multi-states?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Coresight to support Animation

It will be great if Coresight could support animations such as gif or similar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 9 10 12 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED