PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Not equal option in Event Name

I would like to have a not equal Event Name option in Event Frame search  in  PI Vision. Currently, we using  event  frame attribute value in the search but we also like to  use not equal to a event name with  wildcards as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Events (EF)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multistate Text Blink Functionality

When multistate blink is configured for text, the text itself does not blink alone.  A box is generated to appear behind the text and blinks along with it.  Can there be an option to only have the text blink?

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. URL paramters

I wish I can use URL parameters(kiosk mode, hidetoolbars etc) across all coresight displays and not just on Ad-hoc display.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded

URL parameters like Kiosk mode, HideToolBar, HideTimeBar, etc., work across all PI Coresight displays; displays created with the editor, Ad-hoc displays, and imported PB Displays.

4. Specify a domain account for the search crawler

The default account used for the Crawler service to index the allowed service might not have the correct permissions to create the index. If this occurs, the PI Coresight Admin needs to open the Services applet and change the password and restart the service. Specifying an appropriately privileged user account during installation mitigates this problem.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 113344.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Supply a "master asset" URL parameter

This enhancement request is to be able to supply an AF asset path as a querystring parameter in a Coresight URL to allow that asset to be applied to the symbols on the display which share that asset's template.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 62283.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Administrator access

administrator should have access to all displays

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Alignment of values within an element

Ability to left, centre and right align text so that when values change, they stay aligned with sibling elements. For instance, a value of 1,000psi going down to 0psi will align itself back to the left but it would be preferable to align to the right so that units line up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Small scroll increment of trend time in PI Vision

Need to be able to make smaller than 1 interval change on time scroll.  Example: if displaying 1H of data, user can scroll 1H increments.  I would like to scroll in 1H increments or 15 minute increments.  this help navigating to right time period.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Scrolling time in small increments can be done if you mouse over the bottom portion of a trend. When doing this, your mouse cursor will change to a hand that can be used to drag the time range forward or backwards in time in small increments. The increment is determined by how far you drag. This functionality was introduced in the 2016 version.

9. multiscale: fix scale manually

Hello,

When I switch to "multiple scale" there is no possibility to add the values per scale manually!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision, it’s possible to adjust the scale minimum and maximum values whether you’re using single or multiple scales. When multiple scales are enabled, you can see a unique scale for each trace on the trend. You can manually adjust the scale for each trace in the “Trace Options” within the Trend Format configuration pane.

10. Importing PI Data Into A Spreadsheet

Can I get the PI data and import it into a spreadsheet? Who can I call for assistance with PI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide timebar passing through hyperlinks

We may want to hide the timebar for certain displays, but maintain it for others.  Currently, it seems like all hyperlinks pull in the URL modifiers from the source location.  So if I want, for example, a timebar on my second-level displays, I need to have it on my first-level displays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. remove element relative from pi vision screens

Is there any option from admin to disable the element relative display from PI Vision screens?
    We are facing issues even when we don’t change it or touch it. Sometimes it is changing automatically and without touching or selecting another element.
    We are building PI Vision screens that contains several elements like Boiler 1,2,3,4,… that are using element templates and we need to show different boilers in the same trend and page. it is changing automatically the Asset Boilers and we have to remap them in our displays and again it will change automatically for some reason.
    Is there any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CTP feature XY Plot and Eventstable documentaion

In PI Vision 2017 documentation, CTP feature xy plot and eventstable can be unlocked via following command:
    AFDiag /FeatureFlag=

However, this command only works upto.... more recent AF Server versionss. There is a need to know for PI Administrators which AF Server version is required to use XY Plot and EventsTable from PI Vision 2017+.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Help / Documentation / Videos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display y Permisos

* Acomodar por carpetas los Displays.
    * Elegir que usuario puede ver  o editar el display(Permisos de Usuario)

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scrolling Table grids in Coresight

Need the ability to have Scrolling tables in Coresight...
    Sometimes there's the need to show a really large table.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add same attribute across multiple elements in bulk

Add the same attribute for multiple elements in bulk! We frequently look at the same attribute for >60 elements in a single display. I would like to select an attribute, then select all elements that I want to see that data for, then drag the attribute onto the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded

This functionality is part of PI Coresight starting with PI Coresight 2016.

18. multi-state blink?

can we please have blink option available for multi-states?

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

COMPLETED  ·  0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Coresight to support Animation

It will be great if Coresight could support animations such as gif or similar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED