PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feature suggestion box. We created this forum to hear your ideas, suggestions and feedback.

Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site! Also vote for your favorite features now! We welcome your feedback.

• NOTE: for documentation feedback and bugs, please report to Documentation@osisoft.com rather than entering them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multiscale: fix scale manually

Hello,

When I switch to "multiple scale" there is no possibility to add the values per scale manually!

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In PI Vision, it’s possible to adjust the scale minimum and maximum values whether you’re using single or multiple scales. When multiple scales are enabled, you can see a unique scale for each trace on the trend. You can manually adjust the scale for each trace in the “Trace Options” within the Trend Format configuration pane.

2. AF URL attribute object in PI Vision

PI Vision should have a object that gives functionality to open URL´s from AF attributes.
    It is possibel to use URL´s in AF attributes, it is even possible to open them from system explorer.
    PI Vision should recon that it is a URL when you drag it into the design pane and automatically create a text object with the URL.

92 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Integration / URL Parameters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use AF attribute traits to set symbol scale or limits

As a PI Vision user, I would like to have the option to set the scale or limits of any symbol based on the attribute traits defined in AF. When the symbol contains multiple attributes, it would be useful to be able to select only one attribute to define the scale of the symbol.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

PI Vision currently supports this functionality. When the ‘database’ option is selected for a symbol scale, if the attribute has Min and Max traits, the traits will automatically be used to define the scale on the PI Vision symbol.

4. Fit All action should also be able to zoom in

The current version does not zoom in on the Fit-All action, only zoom out. So it only scales down, but not up. The Fit All feature in PI ProcessBook is doing both zoom in and out.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Look & Feel / Styling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic Collection Criteria Search Root

I would like to be able to dynamically change my collection criteria search root, based on the drop-down asset, so that the collection is element relative. This way, I don't have to create multiple collection displays.

36 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide timebar passing through hyperlinks

We may want to hide the timebar for certain displays, but maintain it for others.  Currently, it seems like all hyperlinks pull in the URL modifiers from the source location.  So if I want, for example, a timebar on my second-level displays, I need to have it on my first-level displays.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export display to CSV file

Ability to export data from the screen to CSV file.
    It's important to generate the file in CSV format rather than XML for multiple reasons:
    1. It is what the engineers expect
    2. It opens in Excel by default (the XML file opens great in Excel, but the default program is the web browser)
    3. It is supported by other engineering applications

We'd like to see some enhancements for the format of the data in the exported data file.
    The first "Display" tab is fine in the current version (it compares interpolated data for multiple data sources at specific time…

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. remove element relative from pi vision screens

Is there any option from admin to disable the element relative display from PI Vision screens?
    We are facing issues even when we don’t change it or touch it. Sometimes it is changing automatically and without touching or selecting another element.
    We are building PI Vision screens that contains several elements like Boiler 1,2,3,4,… that are using element templates and we need to show different boilers in the same trend and page. it is changing automatically the Asset Boilers and we have to remap them in our displays and again it will change automatically for some reason.
    Is there any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow display sharing to any AF identity for Administrators

Currently limited to AF identities that my useraccount is explicitly part of. However, any Coresight admin should be allowed to share displays to any AF identity.

Now as an Admin, i need to reassign display ownership to a specific person in a group (AF identity) and ask them to share the display. Not ideal for central authoring of displays.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Configure asset dropdown AF hierarchy root

As a PI Vision display author, I want to configure an AF hierarchy root for the asset drop-down menu on my display so that my end users only see assets in the menu from the part of the AF hierarchy that I choose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve Handling of Excluded Attributes in Symbols

Currently, Symbols display "No Data" when an excluded attribute has been selected. This typically occurs when customers are navigating from one asset to another using the Switch Asset feature. This error can be confusing to the end user. In order to minimize confusion, a different approach should be taken such as not showing the symbol, showing N/A as a value for the symbol, or graying out symbol/values for excluded attributes.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AF Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The PI Vision 2017 R2 release included enhancements to symbols to better support excluded attributes. If attributes are flagged as “excluded” in an AF hierarchy, values will not be
    displayed in the table symbol and asset comparison table in PI Vision. Other symbols
    will display “N/A” for excluded attributes.

13. Line with arrows in PI Coresight

It should be possible to draw a line with arrows at the end(s) as it was possible in PI ProcessBook to draw process flow charts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The ability to configure arrows on the beginning and end of a a line has been completed in the PI Vision 2017 release. Arrows can be configured in the Format Line configuration menu.

14. Golden Batch / Golden Events

Be able to specify a golden event / golden batch / reference event to compare repeatable processes against.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Hoc Analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The PI Vision development team completed work on a new Pinned Events feature in PI Vision 2017 that allows one or more reference events to be specified and saved on an Event Comparison display. Upgrade to PI Vision 2017 to take advantage of this and other key new features. You can read about the key new features released in PI Vision 2017 in our release announcement here: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Releases/RL01216

15. 17 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change min/max value

manual set Y scale value of the displays

20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded

A number of configuration enhancements are included in PI Coresight 2016 R2. These enhancements include:
    - Set the min/max scale for gauges and trends
    - Set the Y scale on a trend on a per data item basis
    - Set the color, thickness, and line style for a trace line
    - Control the list order of data items in the legend
    - Set the foreground and background color for the trend

17. Events Table / Events Dashboard

Support a table that can show event frame data on a process display.  For example, "show me all of the downtime events for the past 24 hours in a table". 

The table might be sorted by different columns such as severity, links to Event Details page, and acknowledgement status as well.  See attached picture for one possible idea.

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The PI Vision development team has completed work on the Events Table in PI Vision 2017 R2. The Events Table is now out of CTP and includes the ability to add a Reason Code column based on the Event Frame ‘Reason’ attribute trait in AF. Users can edit the reason code and acknowledge Event Frames directly from the table or navigate to the Event Details page to investigate further.

Upgrade to PI Vision 2017 R2 to take advantage of this and other key new features. You can read about what’s new in PI Vision 2017 R2 in the release announcement: https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Troubleshooting/Releases/RL01278

18. Quick Filter on Assets Dropdown for Element Relative

The Asset dropdown that allows user to change context should support ability to search as the user types.  This is a necessity when there are more assets that fit on a single page.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Select which Template is used for Switch Asset

When using Element Relative Display and Switch Asset, allow for selecting which Template of the current Asset is used for searching when is using templates that are derived from other templates.

The current search appears to only be based on the most derived Template but the display may be valid for a common base template shared by different types of assets.

A dropdown could be shown in the Switch Asset selector when the current asset is using derived templates to help filter.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. URL Parameter to configure value scale

Add "Scalemode" to the URL parameters
    to allow for pre-selection of single or multiple scales

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)