PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.

How can we improve PI Vision?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PI Vision and PI ProcessBook macro support

As a PI Vision and PI ProcessBook user, I would like to have VBA code support on PI Vision, or Web API code embedded on a PI ProcessBook display so I can publish a single display with macros on PI Vision.

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DECLINED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded

While we won’t be supporting PI ProcessBook VBA macros within PI Vision, PI Vision does support extensible symbols and toolpanes created for use with native PI Vision displays.

2. PI Vision install kit should include AF Client 2017 SP2

The PI Vision 2017 install kit includes an older version of PI AF Client (2.9.0.8065).

There should be a new PI Vision install kit that includes the latest PI AF client 2017 SP2 (2.9.2.8185) that fixes some issues that was found in the older version.

This would simplify installation steps.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation & Upgrading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trend: Show Child Events (EF) on a Trend

I want to view child events like phases for a production run on the trend so that I can clearly see where these phases start and end in relation to the continuous data.

One visualization example for this is to draw a vertical line at the start of each child event and place the name of the child event vertically along the line. This is another way to visualize child events rather than an aligned Gantt Chart.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

DECLINED  ·  0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. saving HTML edited PI Vision display

Allow HTML edited PI Vision displays where we can easily modify Text Font, color etc and save PI Vision display.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Display Management / Displays Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DECLINED  ·  Victor Zhang responded

This would pose a significant security concern so I have to decline it. On the other hand, I’d like to know what you are trying to accomplish and how we can help. PI Vision 2017 R2 SP1 (the latest version) allows display authors to define text font size and color.

5. After moving displays to a folder, the display owner should be able to maintain read-access

Currently, after moving a display to a folder, a display owner will lose write permissions to the display if they do not have write permissions to the folder. It would be easier if display owners automatically had write permissions to displays even if they are moved to a new folder.

If admins wish to control access to certain folders, it may be better to configure that as a setting for the folder (ie a setting where "Only folder permissions are considered for security to displays) or they can change the display owner.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The behavior is by design, and I think, is intuitive and expected by most users. Take Windows operating system for example, if you create a file on your desktop, and move it to a folder to which you don’t have write access, you will lose write access to that file as well.

On the other hand, the behavior you proposed would pose a security concern. Therefore, I have declined it.

6. Remove HTTPS Requirement

Is there any way to make this run in HTTP mode only?  It seems to want to default to HTTPS, but there isn't any real way to make a certificate from an authority work since this isn't an internet-facing server.  Most browsers harbor an extreme distaste for self-signed certs.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In general, the entire World Wide Web is moving away from HTTP to HTTPS for security. In fact, more and more websites only allow connections via HTTPS, which is also adopted as a standard by an increasing number of our customers. As OSIsoft is committed to delivering most security products to our customers, we are obliged to use HTTPS and to be rid of HTTP.

7. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately it’s impossible to translate VBA into something a web browser will allow you to do. PI Vision does have it’s own extensibility model, but it is based on web development (JavaScript).

8. Help button Doesn't work on Trend Screen

The Feedback button doesn't work when you are in a Trend Screen.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

DECLINED  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs *PLEASE SEND TO TECH SUPPORT*  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Text Editing in CoreSight 2016 beta

In the 2016 Beta, is it possible to edit text once entered, or must it be deleted and re added ? It would be useful to adjust the text size, and ideally have an italic font as well as a standard font such as is already in use.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search for Text at end of Data Item

Currently when users type a search string, PI Coresight automatically appends a * wildcard character. So if a user searches for "**state", it is the same as searching for "*State*".

Users would like the ability to search for text at the end of the data item name, so that a search for "*State" would return "OutletState", but would not return "FanState1".

Note: This was previously Enhancement 79001.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

DECLINED  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED