How can we improve PI Vision?

Assign Displays to Groups of Users

Be able to restrict read access of displays to a group of users.

Provide ability to be able to create display groups in PI Coresight
Provide ability to be able to assign displays to groups.
Provide ability for admin to be able to remove groups, or modify displays contained within groups.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 82110.

39 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTodd Brown (Product Manager, OSIsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
COMPLETED  ·  Tom LeBay responded  · 

PI Coresight 2016 includes a feature that allows a display owner to share a display with a specific group of users. Management of security groups is controlled by an Administrator using PI-AF identities (which can be tied to Active Directory groups). Group sharing applies to native PI Coresight displays and imported PI ProcessBook displays.

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • marc.fortin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I opened the 2016 Coresight user guide ( beta ) and I can't see this new feature. Is it possible to add this new feature in documentation.

Tanks to Coresight team development to listen customer comments. We will use this new feature

• Joseph B Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I would like to separate my displays by department at our company. I restrict data points in the pi server based on security groups, but would also like to restrict the displays they can even see.

Yes , this feature is mandatory for us. This way we can create one big portal with one entry point. Each user can see only the Coresight pages assign to them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED