How can we improve PI Vision?

SQC (Statistical Quality Control) Symbol

Support for a dynamic symbol to display SQC data.

Note: This was previously Enhancement 119439.

240 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTodd Brown (Product Manager, OSIsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • frluis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was suppossed Pi VISION will substitute Pi ProcessBook, it can't be delayed more, we need the last PB capabilities plus all Pi Vision add ons (HTML5). It's an important way to achieve your goal:
    "This is your opportunity to learn how to turn data into insights using the OSIsoft PI System.
    Now is the time to Transform Your World with Data!"

• yanscote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are the two updates of PIVision promised at the 2017 OSISOFT seminar in Montreal? It is not possible to do minimal development with only PiVison, we need the AF and need to learn the java language to develop symbols. We need more man power to use the systeme PI. I am really disappointed not to have updates more frequently. SQC and CPK mandatory in the next realease. And dont forget to let us customize them and be able to add a center line.

• maortiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to hear. Here is something I HIGHLY recommend for SQC in PI Vision:

I have an element template for all my assets. All of the attributes in my element template reference PI tags. Those PI tags record data when the plant is on and off. When I run an SQC analysis it conducts SQC on all the data including downtime data. Therefore the analysis doesn't work.

The work around is that in the SQC there is a filter expression one can type in to only look at uptime plant data. The problem is that I cannot utilize the "Plant Run Status" attribute inside of my element. I have to use the individual loop name for the asset. This removes the ability to move through my assets and having the filter expression reference the element attribute of the run status because it is always looking at a pi tag. The pi tag filter expression is static and is now applied for a different asset on my new asset. This doesn't work.

Therefore, I can't use the SQC and filter my data for uptime only without removing the ability to access each of my assets using the same visual layout.

I recommend adding element attribute filter expressions in PI vision so that one can clean up the data as its being fed into SQC.

In fact, it would be nice to have an element template become a filter in itself in that the data portrayed out of the element template is essentially a filtered version of the raw data that is input into the element template. This would allow me to already have filtered data coming out of the element for my asset and would not require the SQC to filter it out.

I hope this makes sense because its needed.

• longb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important missing feature. Thru all our company we are promoting PI Vision utilisation and we are trying to retire ProcessBook but this is now impossible for most of our displays. Our process engineers are not welling to lose their useful SQL/SPC charts.

So this is actually the HIGHEST PIVision enhancement request from us.

• maortiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an end user and manager of PI over all of our sites facilities, SQC/SPC are the way we will be controlling all of our processes. We will not adopt PI Vision across our operations without this feature because we depend on these charts.

If PI decides to develop SQC into PI Vision, one thing to note is that processbook currently calculates CpK values. However, the CpK value is actually the Cp value when a centerline value is typed into the SQC control parameters.

If only a USL and LSL are typed in, without a centerline value, then SQC calculates CpK.

The problem is that the program says CpK no matter what although its Cp when the centerline value is typed in.

This is confusing.

Lastly similar to how there are videos on how PI stores data into the archives, a step by step example of how PI cleans the data with the sigma data filter to calculate sigma and CpK or Cp would be beneficial. I currently cannot get my own statistical calculations to match PI when data filter is turned on because PI filters the data in a way I do not understand and cannot find any documentation on it.

• IJourneaux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THis is definitely a feature that is missing in PIVision. ENd up having to go back to ProcessBook

• Vadim Fedorov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my new customers have strict requirement to have SQC charts visualized. Have to propose ProcessBook only for this reason!

• jdjohnstn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SQC Charts need to trend against time as well as against event frames so we can track quality vs time and quality vs batch

• Robert Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is key functionality for some of my customers and I would like to add my vote for this to be considered.

• DaveWorley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with others that this would be a very valuable addition to Pi Vision, complementing the Pi AF functionality.

• NicPickering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love to see SQC Charts in PI Vision. It is an extremely powerful tool that can be tailored to each individual user. Please make it happen!

• kcre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A usecase in pharma production is monitoring of process prarameters in the context of the Batches. Typically parameters is generated once pr batch, therefore if the is a posibility to select batch infomation (from EF) as x-axis in the ControlChart display.

• nicksw2000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Lab groups love the SQC charting in Process Book, would really like to have it in PI Vision so we can begin to move off of Process Book.

• RobZomborszki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since there is analysis functionality to create event frames, it would be very useful if we would able to create displays also to show the same SQC analysises.

• LOPEZJM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why this is important
    Proactive monitoring and control of critical process parameters reduces variability and provides early notification of potential OOS conditions. Several recent events have revealed an opportunity to improve our knowledge of critical process parameters, be more proactive with data collection and review, and drive better decision making with understanding of risks and impact. Lack of focus on these areas may cause unintended consequences that impact our business and our brand.

• ricturner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SQC charts with ProcessBook are critical to how we run our business. We want to move over to Coresite, however lack of an SQC chart in Coresight will be a show stopper.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED