How can we improve PI Vision?

View Display Usage

Administrators would like to have a way to know how often a display is used on a display management page.

124 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTodd Brown (Product Manager, OSIsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anthony_T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to generate reports based on how many times a user has accessed a display and how many times a display has been accessed by the entire user base.

Maybe instead of adding this functionality in the reporting tab of the Admin page, add the ability to see the total count on each Display tile, only readable by PI Admins, where we can click on the number and see how many times the display has been accessed by X, Y, Z, etc,

• jirvine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a few points we can monitor - Displays Total, Displays in use and displays with no use.

• robert.low commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need proof of use/value in displays, also to see what users needs are in actual use

• DAEQ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
    We can have the last access by users and screen but not the number of hits.
    It would be nice to have such information to measure the ROI and impact of each view
    At least we can have the number of users & last access.
    My colleague give me this :

WITH group1 AS (
      SELECT  [User]
    ,[LastAccessed]
    ,[DisplayID]
        FROM [Vision].[dbo].[UserDisplayData]
    ),
    group2 AS (
      SELECT [Name]
    ,[DisplayID]
        FROM [Vision].[dbo].[View_DisplayList]
    )
    SELECT [name], [USER], [LastAccessed]
      FROM group1
      JOIN group2 ON group1.DisplayID = group2.DisplayID

• Adam Sugarman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a PI Administrator, I would like to know how many people in my organization are making displays, which displays are the most used, which displays can be deleted because of inactivity, and which displays are throwing errors and need to be fixed.

• peterdp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS SQL server has a feature which is called auditing, couldn't you share a method based on auditing the select statements to implement this functionality ? we really need to know who is using what and when !!

• NikolayKolesnikov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be a very useful feature. I would be glad to have a possibility to get a display usage report from Admin page for the selected time period.

• kbobeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice if this was added as an option to the current Admin Reports. There is already an option to view/export a report of users who have accessed PI Vision in a period of time, why not do this on a "per display" basis?

• taterhead247 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. If this cannot be done inhouse, we at least need to the option to integrate with usage analytic engines such as Google Analytics and HotJar. PI was built on integrating with other sources, Vision needs some of that.

• meierke1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an admin i need to know which display is used how often from hoam and in which frequency.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED