How can we improve PI Vision?

Exporting Data

I cannot seem to find the export data feature from Coresight 2014. Will the export data feature be added back to Coresight 2016? Or maybe I am not looking the the right place.

This feature is a must for our organization.

22 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mchung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • weaver11 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant believe they took this feature out. I sincerely hope that it makes it into the R2 release. Some of my customers rely on it.

• Joseph B Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, I would say that on all Coresight release there should be a simple sheet that shows the removed features so you can see what you have taken out before we upgrade. I have upgraded already because of the AF security upgrades, and the display modifications just to find out that something I thought that would never be removed was. Kind of a let down to be honest.

• Joseph B Rose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, thank god you are putting this back in Tom. I just found out this morning this feature was removed and was kind of upset that one of the most important tools for me was removed. Coresight is a great tool for those not that good pulling in data through datalink, and I could give Coresight to someone with little knowledge on the system and they could graph and export the data they needed to put in excel in a report. I understand there was difficulty with the feature as if you tried to export too much data it would not act properly, but still this feature must come back.

• msaganski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this as well. It would replace one of our existing web applications. A common use case is that users want to get a feel for the data graphically through a display, and then export that data for further analysis in another application.

• Matthew K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this feature is not present in the release, what is the propose approach to give the end user ad hoc access to data in Excel ? Our users use the export feature every day to get data into other analysis applications. Will we need to plan to run both versions side by side for a while ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED