How can we improve PI Vision?

Bar chart and stacked bar chart

I have summarized energy data for kWh consumption by day for buildings and plant that is written at specific end of shift day week points.

I'd like to be able to have this display as a stacked bar where the various plant consumption components are shown as a proportion of the bar and the height of the bar is the sum of the components.

Classic stacked bar chart.

109 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

b.hobby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • maguirej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an extremely useful addition, especially when comparing event frame durations.

• Nate Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this idea, a stacked horizontal bar chart for digital states or string values where users define the formatting for different values would be a great addition. A superior way to visualize a system state over time as apposed to trying to trend the string or digital state.

• BTHOMAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would be useful if it would include an option to change the interval for the bar chart, displaying data in a daily interval, monthly or even hourly

• TimWilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much more comprehensive charting options in PI coresight would be very useful.
    Bar charts, scatter charts (without lines), options for 2 y axis etc.

• mlath2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have made stacked bars by putting multiple bars on top of each other and using AF to control the calculations. they work fine in Coresight and PB

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED