How can we improve PI Vision?

Multistate: Copy Paste and Data Replacement Behaviors

Preserve color schemes for configured multistate symbols when copy/pasting and replacing data items. 

Dropping a new value should change both the value and multistate value of the symbol.

16 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTodd Brown (Product Manager, OSIsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded  · 

The PI Vision development team completed work for the PI Vision 2017 release to preserve multi-state limit and color configurations when replacing the multi-state data source or copying and pasting a symbol.

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rpalmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please preserve the color scheme. Now i need to reset the correct colors on every copy on every screen manually... Very tedious labor when you have 22 states on 20+ multi-states on 8 displays...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

copy paste multi-state so that colour scheme is retained when you change the asset.
    e.g. Tank 1 level multi-state copied and changed to Tank 2.

• Penny Gunterman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Specifically, be able to update the data item that's driving the multi-state after copy-pasting it.

As a user, once I get the multistate set up with favorite colors, demarcations etc, I want to easily use that same format on different assets. This requires copy-paste (existing functionality-great) and then updating data item via drag and drop or other route (missing functionality).

• ksward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

have multistate settings persist through a triggering attribute change so long as both attributes are based off of the same template

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED