How can we improve PI Vision?

Allow ?Asset= to use all the derived templates under a base template as correct matches

Attempting to use the parameters reference to reuse a display using the ?Asset= approach.

All my assets at one level are based on the the same template with a couple of them derived from that template.

This approach seems to require the template to be an exact match and not derived from the same template - is that the case?

It would be far more useful to me if I could build one display based on the "building dashboard" template and then use it on that template and all derived templates as they will have the same "base" attributes.

Yes I know you can exclude but just not displaying that value would be better in my view.

Maybe it's an enhancement request.

14 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
COMPLETED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded  · 

Enhancements to the Asset= parameter in PI Vision 2017 allow for the use of assets from derived templates of a PI Vision display. In addition, PI Vision 2017 R2 introduced the ability to configure the asset template, asset category or asset name filter used for the asset selector on a display.

1 comment

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LindseyHatfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have setup assets based on a set of LIKE templates
    Transformer_Base
    Transformer_Base+loading
    Transformer_Base+XY_Prot
    Transformer_Base+XY_extended
    Transformer_Base+XY_extended-2

These are all transformers and in the Transformer group and should all be visible in the ASSET view.
    Otherwise this negates the usefulness of the parent child hierarchy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED