How can we improve PI Vision?

Table: Allow single value trend

As now if you click on a single row in a table that has multiple values, all values will show in the new trend.
It would be prefferable if only one value or selected valus would show up.

25 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hobbe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
COMPLETED  ·  AdminRyan McErlean (Product Manager, OSIsoft) responded  · 

This behavior was changed in PI Vision 2017 so that when you double-click on a row in a table, a pop-up trend containing only the item in the row that was clicked will appear.

5 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • craig.potter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes,l why was this removed??? Our users have not stopped complaining about it since it was taken away.

• JHvanderVen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same applies to the new Asset Compare Table: If I double click I want to drill down to specific asset I clicked on.

• jsbanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

adding single trace trends to a table would be very beneficial. The current capability produces a very busy trend that is difficult to glean meaningful information

• ffarnsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It used to work well in previous versions. Why the functionality was removed in Coresight 2016 is beyond me!

• ehoffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this would be ideal if you could view a trend of 1 or more selected data items. As it stands now the trend view of the table is basically useless especially if you have a large table. It would be nice to view one or more selected as mentioned above or have the ability to hide/show traces in the trend. Maybe it could default to hide all other traces and then a user could show the other data items desired?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED