How can we improve PI Vision?

PI AF Nested Parent/Child Asset Search

We noticed that if we created in PI AF a parent template with a nested a child template, and subsequently instantiated the nested parent/child template in a PI AF hierarchy, PI Coresight would only recognize the instantiated parent asset in a related asset search. For example, in PI AF we are creating a parent template for a reactor and are looking to nest a child template for a weigh scale that only applies to a subset of all reactors. We want PI Coresight to return in a related asset search all reactors and the weigh scale where applicable.

6 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MatthewAMorrow shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JanWortmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to add an other example: In our Plant we run different heat exchanger types like liquid-liquid plate HE, reboilers, condensers. To automize the plant anlytics we have for each type a different element template with special analysis. All this templates are derived from general HE template which provides attribute templates for the analysis results (e.g. k value).

In Pi ProcessBook I can search in the "Elements of Interest" for the Base Template and can switch between the different heat exchanger type elements. In this way I can use the same graphic for different heat exchanger types with different templates.

PI Vision does not provide this function yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED