How can we improve PI Vision?

Open attached files directly from PI-Vision

It is great that I can attach files as an attribute to an element in AF and that these files are shown in the PI-Vision navigation (see attached screenshot). But why is it not possible to open these files directly from PI-Vision? This would be a great improvment.

52 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JIrnsinger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rpalmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In response to Paurav Joshi, "I would like to add a point here that it..."
    Not sure if that passes best practices around security....but in general i would not limit the files in any way but leave the checking of safety to the webbrowser and other software on the endpoint.

• Paurav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add a point here that it should also allow to attach small .exe file to view specific file. For example, whenever SharePoint Portal opens, SVG viewer get installed so that client can see svg files on it.

• rpalmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are the simple things that have great potential!
    One example i have: action plans or SOPs are loaded into AF as a PDF. Now i have an in an attribute URL pointing to a IIS virtual directory where i store the PDFs. Too many steps, which i could replace with one simple attribute and one stock symbol.

E.g. the attribute value symbol could be extended to download this file to the client.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED