How can we improve PI Vision?

Allow the PI Vision Display Utility to export the configuration to a file and import from a file

The current (2017) version of the PI Vision Display Utility requires both environments (source & target) to be connected. There is a need to be able to export and import those displays between systems that are not connected.
If not exported to a file, it could, for example, use PI Web API to use the REST endpoint to export the display configuration and vice-versa.

185 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gabriel Michaud-Verreault shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
PLANNED  ·  Alicia Coppock responded  · 

The export of displays to a file so that they can be imported to another PI Vision server is planned for a future release.

21 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rpalmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The CTP display copy tool is too limited. If we have a way to export & import displays in XML or Excel, that would allow for the proper maintenance, distribution, generation, version management, etc. of Coresight displays.

Now i need to manually build all displays MANUALLY 4 times when i push them through my environments from Dev, Test, Acceptance, Production. Environments are not on the same network, they can be local developer VM,s in different countries, different organisations, etc.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED