How can we improve PI Vision?

Replicate the Pi Table functionality previously available in Pi WebParts

The Pi Table Web Part provided the ability to easily create powerful displays that included Pi Data and relational in a single Element Relative display. For example, you could create a view of an asset's current status, and combine that with defects and work orders.

45 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

cooleyj shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jasongogal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to show tabular data similar to the PSE Time Series Data function would be very helpful.

• FrédéricBoisvert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to display data from an SQL table with PI-AF. it should also be possible to display several attributes in columns.

• mcintyb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a way to compare lab tag results to the corresponding reading from a probe tag. In DataLink it is easy. Pull Compressed values for the lab tag, then pull Timed values for the probe tag. I need this functionality in PI Vision and/or ProcessBook. Anything that can be done to improve the reporting capabilities of these tools since it appears like OSIsoft is taking away our other reporting options.

• CameronLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to show process or time series data with records or events data means that we can have a one stop shop for dashboarding. This is especially so if we can use an AF hierarchy to drive the display content.

For example, if we wanted to show unit downtime with workorders with current plant status it makes the visualization very rich and gives us a one stop shop for managing a lot of our content.

• MarkGoepel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, the ability to colour table fields, on multistate, just like the P I Web Parts would enable us to throw away our Process Books in dashboards which requires too much maintenance overhead these days...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED