How can we improve PI Vision?

Trend: Shared dynamic scales

For the Trend object I would like to select specific traces to share the same dynamic scale (range of plotted values) while other traces use independent scales. 

Example:
Depth - Independent scale
Casing psi - share dynamic scale w/ Tubing psi
Tubing psi - share dynamic scale w/ Casing psi
Flow In Rate - share dynamic scale w/ Flow Out Rate
Flow Out Rate - share dynamic scale w/ Flow In Rate
Alarm Indicator - Independent scale

6 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

halla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
COMPLETED  ·  AdminVictor Zhang Chenru (Admin, OSIsoft) responded  · 

This is achievable in PI Vision 2016 or later. When the ‘database’ option is selected for a trace’s scale range, if the attribute has Min and Max traits, the traits will automatically be used to define the scale of the trace. The traits can be dynamic. So if 2 traces are to share the same dynamic scale, simply reference their traits to one another. This feature requires PI (AF) Server 2016 or later.

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • narburgh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you have a trend with more than one attribute, I would like to be able to set the scale of an attribute to another attribute's scale.

Right now, the options are single scale, default to trend settings, use range of plotted values, use database settings, or enter custom settings.

If I have two related variables, I would like for one to be defaulted to trend settings and then be able to force the second one to that attribute's scale. I can't enter custom settings because these won't dynamically change as the first variable's range changes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature I would like to have available is around the trace options. In several scenarios, I will typically have 3 pens/traces on a single trend, Trace A, B, and C. In this scenario, I would like to Scale A and B together and C would have a different scaling. The only options I see is to either trend everything together, or trend everything separately, but there is no option to trend two together and a third separately. Is this possible?

Feedback and Knowledge Base