Changing the IIS website for PI Vision without reinstalling
I have a case with a customer who would like to change the IIS website for PI Vision without having to reinstall the PI Vision program
While we appreciate the interest the community has for this suggestion, we have decided to decline this item in favor of other high priority work the product needs. Thank you for your feedback, and please continue sharing suggestions for how we can improve PI Vision for you!
Ondrej Kafna commented
There will be no such feature. You can move easily the PIVision application from one website to another in IIS manager.
1. Right click on the new website and Add Application
2. You fill the Alias PI Vision, from drop down menu select PIVisionServiceAppPool
3. Select the path of the application (%PIHOME64%\PIVision)
4. Click on Test Settings. If two check marks are green, then it is OK
This will not move the Admin part underneath PIVision application.
5. Right click on the moved PIVision application (NOT the website) and Add Application
6. Fill the Alias Admin
7. Select the PIVisionAdminAppPool from drop down menu
8. Select the path (%PIHOME64%\PIVision\Admin)
9. Click Test Settings
10. Recycle app pools or IISRESET to be sure the new location is picked up.
11. Remove the application from the old website and delete the website if necessary.