How can we improve PI Vision?

Convert ProcessBook display to PI Vision display

Can we have a tool to convert ProcessBook display to native PI Vision display? So we can leverage the full features of PI Vision displays,.

128 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John Xu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In response to Ryan McErlean, "A utility to migrate ProcessBook display..."
    You are planning to enable Relational Data Set functionality (RDS in PI WebPart) as well?
    Now there is no posibility to show dinamically SQL query result in PI Vision tables.

• Vitor_Fernandes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can help us here, we have a lot of "control letter" ( I don't know how to say this in English) but in PI Vision we don't have this kind of trend.

In response to Kimberly Peterson, "Is there an update on when we will be ab..."
    PI Vision Q2 2019

Maybe something's coming soon.

• kimmyberly26 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on when we will be able to convert Processbook Screens to PI Vision screens?

TIA!

In response to David Hollebeek, "It turns out that we are working on that..."
    Hi,

I am currently able to open processbook display files in VISION.

However, it is not displaying the SQC charts.

May i know if SQC charts are compatible in VISION? If not, is there a plan to make it compatible?

Thanks,
    Dallan

In response to David Hollebeek, "Unfortunately it's impossible to transla..."
    Hi,

Is this JavaScript functionality available right now?

Thanks,
    Dallan

• David Hollebeek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In response to Javeed Md, "Please enhance the PI Vision tool to wor..."
    Unfortunately it's impossible to translate VBA into something a web browser will allow you to do.  PI Vision does have it's own extensibility model, but it is based on web development (JavaScript).

• javeedhussain21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enhance the PI Vision tool to work VBA functionality in it. It will be easy to work at one place rather working at both the places PI Processbook and PI Vision.

Please enhance the PI Vision tool to work VBA functionality in it. It will be easy to work at one place rather working at both the places PI Processbook and PI Vision.

This would be very useful!

This would be very useful!

• David Hollebeek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It turns out that we are working on that right now!  I don't want to steal the thunder from marketing by providing details, but it just so happens I spend most of my time working on making the transition between ProcessBook and PI Vision as painless as possible.

Thanks,

• John Xu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of customers have hundreds or even thousands of processbook displays. they won't switch to PI Vision if we don't provide such a tool. It's about the time as PI Vision's getting better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED