How can we improve PI Vision?

Allow sharing a display with edit permission

As a display creator, I want to give other users edit permission on the display so we can collaborate in creating the display and so that other users from my team can make needed changes when I'm not available.

92 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ivan Mudron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
STARTED / IN DEVELOPMENT  ·  Alicia Coppock responded  · 

Role-based edit permissions on displays is in development for the PI Vision 4.x release. This will allow you to give multiple users permissions to edit the same display.

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kdarl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same need here, we want to be able to have multiple editors for a single screen, preferably driven by AD groups.

• AdamKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent! I was just asking for this at a recent PI presentation!
    I had asked for ownership to be set to a group. Some sort of role-based edit permissions is definitely needed!

• suyp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to associate display ownership to an identity so that a group of people can modify the display.  This need in environment where we have multiple shifts.

• Rolando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to have 1 display with multiple owners? This will be a good case when we have users that works 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off but are working and enhancing the same display.

• Campbellmi13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Talking with a number of superusers at DCP Midstream, this is a critical feature that will allow teams to collaborate much more efficiently on development of displays. Please prioritize this feature!

• fburrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to assign ownership of a display to an Active Directory group as opposed to a single individual.

• kbobeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When sharing a display, it would be useful if you could choose whether you wanted someone to have read-only or edit permissions to it. Currently, only one person can make edits to a display and anyone that it's shared with can only view in read-only. Edits they make must be saved under a new name, which does not allow for collaboration.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED