How can we improve PI Vision?

Option for Hourly or Daily Intervals when viewing data

Have an option to change the interval of the data. For example, it would be helpful to be able to trend raw data in hourly or daily average intervals over the time-frame selected to smooth out the trace. Currently this is feasible with a tag calculation through AF which takes up tags.

22 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Lswimpson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MPetro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful. It would allow nice visualizations that suits engineers and managers. Engineers use Excel Datalink mostly to have averages. We are even thinking to use BI tools for that. But Vision could offer this capability.

• juergen.b.schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. As an Administrator who needs to deal with PI and IP.21 Systems I got that feedback quite often from different users. It is only a small feature but it is often used and does make a difference in the user feeling if you can trend an hourly average within 2 clicks or if you first need to create a calculation.

• emjohnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been seeing a lot of people in PI Vision training sessions frustrated that this is not an available function. Many are coming from other systems like AspenTech, or customized PI Processbook installs, where performing a quick hourly or daily view of the trended data was a basic right-click function. It would be good to have in PI Vision.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED