PI Vision Page Authoring Tools Improvement
I noticed quite a number of issues while attempting to author a new PI Vision Page. Here are a list of things that are lacking in PI Vision compared to PI ProcessBook and needs to be included into PI Vision as soon as possible:
1. Unable to Copy and Paste the Format from one Graphic/ Object to other Graphics/ Objects
2. Limited Color Options in Format Shape/ Text/ Background/ Display
3. Unable to Resize Grouped Graphics/ Objects
4. Unable to set up Layers
5. Value Text does not reflect Multistate color settings, only the shades behind the Value Text reflect the Multistate color settings
6. Unable to change the Font Type of the Texts
7. Unable to import new Symbols from the Web
8. Multistate Blinking looks a little Off (Color is too dim)
9. Unable to "Enable Scripting" for Graphics/ Objects via Format Shape or via Properties (right click)
10. Unable to edit the Dimension for Graphics/ Objects via Format Shape or via Properties (right click)
The overall lack of formatting tools and settings and editing flexibility in PI Vision is a little disappointing especially if it is going to replace PI ProcessBook which had much better flexibility when it comes to Page Authoring, Graphics/ Object Scripting and VBA Scripting.
PI Vision needs to be improved to be better than PI ProcessBook if it is going to take its place.
Senior Systems Consultant