How can we improve PI Vision?

Configure the Display Canvas Background Color

User Story: As an administrator, I would like to configure the canvas color SO THAT I can optimize the displays for our specific lighting environment.

61 votes
Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTodd Brown (Product Manager, OSIsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with OSIsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • cooleyj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the ability to change the background colour please.
    If it isn't possible to make it configurable, then please change back to the white background of earlier versions.

• CarolPL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for letting me know! Do you know if an image will also be possible to be set up as background?
    Thank you again.
    Carol

• CarolPL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    Would be possible to change colour brackground in the display.
    Thank you

• bmccamant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to configure a multistate behavior on a drawing object (rectangle for example) to 'hide' excluded attributes. Right now the background is one color, and that color does not appear in the multistate color palette. The ability to change display background color would be nice - but make sure those choices are in the multistate color palette also. When changing assets, a box appearing over the excluded asset that does not exist for that asset looks 'cheesy'.

• Matthew K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is easy to change the background colour by adding a large square of the colour you want as a base colour, and then drawing on top of that. However this does not help in changing the background colour of a trend. It would be better if there was a more elegant solution though.

• Nocodes79 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though maybe not oficially supported and surely OSI would not recommend that, I could achieve changing the background color changing the css theme.base-colors.css in "%PIHOME64%\Coresight\Content\css" folder. Sections in the file are really readable.
    Using this method I could customize most of the symbols too.

• Matthew K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is essential there should be a light background option for low light environments. This is consistent will all modern plant HMI design, and the new ISA 101 approaches. The currently proposed CoreSight 3 background canvas colour appears too dark for low light areas, and cannot be changed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
NEEDS MORE DISCUSSION
RESEARCHING/EVALUATING
DECLINED
PLANNED
STARTED/IN DEVELOPMENT
IN BETA
COMPLETED