Trend: Configure Multiple Scales
I would like to set the scaling for the y-axis on the trend instead of auto scaling everywhere so that I can view my data exactly how I'm used to seeing it.
Configure it so that it's not dependent on a data item configuration.
Note: This was previously Enhancement 73063.
A number of trend configuration enhancements are included in PI Coresight 2016 R2. These enhancements include:
- Set the Y scale on a per data item basis
- Set the color, thickness, and line style for a trace line
- Control the list order of data items in the legend
- Set the foreground and background color for the trend
Change min/max scale
Ales Soudek commented
Need more than this. It should have the same functionality as you can do in the ProcessBook trend. Change colors and thickness and type for lines, color of text and background, fonts, etc.
Chris Wozniak commented
Specifically the ability to configure the min and max of the Y-axis...have heard from countless other folks that believe this is a crucial feature that is lacking from trends in Coresight.
I would like to see these options available for trend configuration:
1. configure scales - multiple scales, ability to define min max for each data item.
2. Show markers - Would like to see the individual data points for our less busy tags.
3. option to Remove trend lines
Bill Maulsby commented
Use similar to PB for database, autorange, specific value per data stream.
Brady Kirkwood commented
Specifically I would like to see a similar multiple trend scale functionality like in Process Book. Multiple scales, but be able set a subset set of variables to one scale, and another subset to another scale i.e digital signals (0-1) and a temperature reading (1000-1400F) on the same trend but not on a scale of 0-1400, not enough granularity there.
Support different scales on a trend.