PI Vision

Welcome to the PI Vision (formerly PI Coresight) feedback page!

We created this forum to hear your ideas, feature suggestions and feedback on PI Vision. Please suggest your most important features and design change ideas on this site, and vote for your favorite ideas.

Please note that your ideas and comments posted here are visible to all other users.

• For bugs, please open a case with OSIsoft Tech Support through myOSIsoft Customer Portal (https://my.osisoft.com) instead of sharing them on this site.
  • For documentation feedback and bugs, please report to documentation@osisoft.com instead of sharing them on this site.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Button / Text to pre-set start/stop time range.

Provide configuration options on shapes / text / symbols to write values or expressions to Start Time and End Time of the current display.

I have a production report table that uses the Range property of a bunch of totalizers to determine production quantities. Management often wants to know these over the time frames: Last Month, Month to Date, Last Day, Current Day, Last Night Shift, Last Day Shift, and Current Shift. I can only save the display with one of these presets, which means I have to create a copy of this display with each of these presets for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Authoring Displays  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open Multiple URLs

I have displays that contain data for the site level (multiple assets - look across). The site level display allows for selection of any of the assets at the site with an appropriate time period where the asset is operational. Each site level display contain hyperlinks to several asset sub-system display (~6 subsystems). The user can select any of the subsystem displays to view detail information.

A feature enhancement for users would be to allow a single link to be selected and multiple subsystem displays would open in new tabs with appropriate time/asset context. User clicks could be greatly reduced…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Have the ability to left align charts on the Y axis rather than than the object edge

When putting scale labels outside the chart and left aligning the charts the axis does not line up if the labels are significantly different in significant digits.

This is especially obvious in collections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change the label of the target indicator (Target Limit)

Ability to change the label of the target indicator (Target Limit) on a PI Vision display, instead of "Target" be able to configure another word such as "Meta" or any other word for example. Get name of the Limit attribute instead of the Trait

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Asset Page Nav top and Bottom

When browsing assets with more than 1 page of assets found, you have to scroll to the bottom to move to next page, it would be handy to have page navigation arrows at top and bottom of asset list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Symbol Properties: Set exact symbol position in pixels

As an addition to the feedback item "Symbol Properties: Set exact symbol size in pixels", it would be really useful to be able to set the exact position of symbols. This would make it a lot faster to line up symbols with each other.

The option to align left/middle/right or distribute horizontally/vertically helps somewhat, but often fails to do exactly what is needed. Being able to directly enter the position would alleviate that problem and make authoring Displays a lot faster and less frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Basic Layout and Visual Manipulation

Request: Be able to edit data charts formatting.

We can currently change a background or foreground color, but cannot change text color for axis, or choose to have no axis labels. Custom Axis names are not available either. Granted, this can be done if you import data into excel, but excel is not live data, which is what makes pi great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix time context of static attributes

Fix time context on an element of a Coresight display. As an AF admin, I would like to create different versions of a static attribute element to keep its history, but I would like my Coresight users to see the most current version of the static attribute regardless of the time range.

For example, if my asset name has changed on Jan 1, I would like to create a new version to reflect this changed. However on a Coresight display, I would like my users to see time-series data with the most current asset name, even if the time range…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is the expected behavior for AF element/attribute versioning and the visualization in PI Vision.

PI Vision will show the version of the asset name that is used in the display time range.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Posted ideas will have one of the following statuses.
Full definition of these statuses can be found on the Home Page.
No status
TELL US MORE
EVALUATING
PLANNED
IN DEVELOPMENT
COMPLETED
DECLINED